dumb songs in head while riding

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Supabonbon, Mar 12, 2003.

  1. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while we're
    riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette', the
    French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had Hall&Oates 'Private
    Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the strains from 'The Sound
    of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure. I blame the lycra. What do you
    guys hear?

    /s

    Tags:

  2. supabonbon wrote:
    > I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while we're
    > riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette', the
    > French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had Hall&Oates 'Private
    > Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the strains from 'The
    > Sound of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure. I blame the lycra. What
    > do you guys hear?
    >
    > /s

    And here I thought you were going to say soul coughing...

    although having circles in your head probably makes you spin smoothly :)

    Jon Bond I don't need to walk around in circles walk around in circles walk around in circles walk
    around in...

  3. Jon Bond says:

    >although having circles in your head probably makes you spin smoothly :)

    Thinking of circles in the mind, i had "windmills of your mind" stuck in my head for a while last
    year on the bike, but have surpassed myself by getting the old Christmas thing "Gaudete" stuck there
    last night while driving to Connecticut (and back!) Fecking thing wouldn't go away....

    STeve

  4. John G

    John G Guest

    supabonbon wrote:

    > What do you guys hear?

    Since I've started taking xanax, the voices have stopped.

  5. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry Guest

    In <[email protected]> supabonbon wrote:
    > I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while we're
    > riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette', the
    > French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had Hall&Oates 'Private
    > Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the strains from 'The
    > Sound of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure. I blame the lycra. What
    > do you guys hear?

    While riding Friday I was thinking "What a great place to make a mountain bike video." (East of
    Salida, CO). "What music would I put with it?" Being a victim of effective advertising, Blur's
    "Song 2" ( you'd know it if you heard it) popped into my head. Wishing to perish that thought as
    quickly as possible, I tried to think of the song most opposite to "Song 2" that I could. I should
    be careful what I wish for. Henry Mancini's "Days of Wine and Roses" (you'd know it too) was the
    next song that popped into my head. And It Wouldn't Go Away! Hope this doesn't happen to you.
    Yesterday I saw two kids walking back from their busted-a$$ jeep in the same area. One had a Papa
    Roach t-shirt. It was "Last Resort" for the rest of that ride. Music fit the ride. Can't say the
    lyrics did though, me being about two decades past my disaffected teen years :)

    Cheers, Shawn

  6. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On 12 Mar 2003 09:30:56 -0800, supabonbon wrote:

    > What do you guys hear?

    I hear a lot of Bob Marley when I'm on casual ridearounds, surf guitar if it gets more interesting.
    On bombing downhills, I just prefer to bellow out Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyres" at the top of my
    lungs. :)

  7. Aps

    Aps Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, supabonbon
    <[email protected]ramail.com> wrote:

    > I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while we're
    > riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette', the
    > French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had Hall&Oates 'Private
    > Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the strains from 'The
    > Sound of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure.

    I sometimes try to get a song stuck in my head that's around 90 bpm. Unfortunately I haven't really
    done enough research, so I wind up with the funk classic "Money," some lame U2 song about saying
    goodbye, or if I'm lucky, Jurassic 5's "What's Golden," which I'm getting a little tired of.

    APS

  8. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    supabonbon wrote:

    > What do you guys hear?

    This week, I have mostly been hearing Clocks, by Coldplay, in my head. However, usually I'll try and
    have a bit of RHCP or Ben Folds. Sometimes I have to force it cos otherwise I end up singing the
    Shania Twain song I heard on the radio several hours before.

  9. >What do you guys hear?

    Dropkick Murphys.

    -Andrew "oi oi oi" Thorne

  10. Lightweight

    Lightweight Guest

    "supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while we're
    > riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette', the
    > French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had Hall&Oates 'Private
    > Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the strains from 'The
    > Sound of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure. I blame the lycra. What
    > do you guys hear?
    >
    > /s

    Hey Mickey you're so fine... you're so fine you blow my mind. I am the Walrus! - Jim Carey cover
    (Beatles) Big Balls - ACDC Fire On The Mountain (some country song) Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
    Dragula - Rob Zombie

  11. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:02:25 +0100, bomba wrote:

    > Sometimes I have to force it cos otherwise I end up singing the Shania Twain song I heard on the
    > radio several hours before.

    That's the risk you take when listening to the radio on the way to the trail!

  12. El Barista

    El Barista Guest

    "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > On bombing downhills, I just prefer to bellow out Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyres" at the top of my
    > lungs. :)

    Wow, you obviously have MUCH longer downhills than we grow here in Texas!

    -will

  13. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    BB wrote:

    >>Sometimes I have to force it cos otherwise I end up singing the Shania Twain song I heard on the
    >>radio several hours before.
    >

    > That's the risk you take when listening to the radio on the way to the trail!

    Not even! Seriously, I've driven two hours to trails with my own choice of music, but had the
    Buggles' 'Video Killed the Radio Star' come back to haunt me after I heard it at breakfast.

  14. On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:48:18 +0100, bomba did issue forth:

    > Not even! Seriously, I've driven two hours to trails with my own choice of music, but had the
    > Buggles' 'Video Killed the Radio Star' come back to haunt me after I heard it at breakfast.

    Yes, that song has that effect.

    The British Government were experimenting with it in secret at Porton Down after WWII as a form of
    psychological warfar, you know.

  15. Andrew Thorne wrote:
    >>What do you guys hear?
    >

    > Dropkick Murphys.
    >
    > -Andrew "oi oi oi" Thorne

    Mmm, mix with flogging molly, and you've got one damn good riding soundtrack...

    Jon Bond

  16. El Barista

    El Barista Guest

    "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:02:25 +0100, bomba wrote:
    >
    > > Sometimes I have to force it cos otherwise I end up singing the Shania Twain song I heard on the
    > > radio several hours before.
    >
    > That's the risk you take when listening to the radio on the way to the trail!

    I seem to keep catching The Beta Band on the changer on my way to the trail.

    -will

  17. Jd

    Jd Guest

  18. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 12 Mar 2003 09:30:56 -0800, [email protected] (supabonbon) wrote:

    >I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while we're
    >riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette', the
    >French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had Hall&Oates 'Private
    >Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the strains from 'The Sound
    >of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure. I blame the lycra. What do you
    >guys hear?
    >
    >/s

    Sometimes KISS pops in my head. Sometimes Matt Johnson. Sometimes Boz Scaggs. Sometimes Fat Boy
    Slim. Sometimes Johnny Cash or Wall Of Voodoo (Ring Of Fire). Sometimes Sheryl Crow or Steely
    Dan....The list has no end ....No tellin' what the hell may pop up in my mind.....I look forward to
    it every ride.

    :-]

  19. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 13:22:25 -0500, John G <[email protected]> wrote:

    >supabonbon wrote:
    >
    >> What do you guys hear?
    >
    >Since I've started taking xanax, the voices have stopped.

    ...well stop taking xanax then.

    :-]

  20. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 12 Mar 2003 19:32:14 GMT, BB <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On 12 Mar 2003 09:30:56 -0800, supabonbon wrote:
    >
    >> What do you guys hear?
    >
    >I hear a lot of Bob Marley when I'm on casual ridearounds, surf guitar if it gets more interesting.

    Perhaps a little Dick Dale?

    :-]