dumb songs in head while riding

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:00:38 -0500, "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Fire On The Mountain (some country song)

..got a nice version from the Dead.

:-]

Andrew Thorne wrote:
>>Mmm, mix with flogging molly, and you've got one damn good riding soundtrack...
>>
>>Jon Bond
>>

> In fact, Good Commander, you're within partying distance of Boston, no? While the St Patty's day
> shows are sold out, I'm sure a resourceful young man like yourself could find some tickets....
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Andrew "the skinhead who never returned.. or grew up for that matter" Thorne

I am, but Tufts wisely put spring break over St patty's day. D'oh! Either way, I'm going to be up in
Killington gettin' mah ski on (well, ok, getting my skis on and riding, but you know what I mean!)

I've got a couple friends that are really into flogging molly and the Dropkick murphys...
good music.

Jon Bond

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] (supabonbon) wrote:

> I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while we're
> riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette', the
> French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had Hall&Oates 'Private
> Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the strains from 'The
> Sound of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure. I blame the lycra. What
> do you guys hear?
>
> /s

Often, it's whatever I've been rehearsing (a painless way to memorize), or perhaps it's the CDs that
my wife has loaded in the car--lately that's been the "Mannheim Steamroller does Disney tunes" that
I got her for Christmas.

TD

--
[email protected] World Without Cars Dictionary of Vandemisms (2001) is available at:
http://trekkiedad.freeservers.com/wwc.html ICQ# available on request

> moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette', the French children's song, going through
> his head

That song is sick. Ever read the translation of it? It's not a children's song. Not that the London
bridge song is any better.

--
Phil, Squid-in-Training

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:02:25 +0100, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:

> supabonbon wrote:
>
>> What do you guys hear?
>
> This week, I have mostly been hearing Clocks, by Coldplay, in my head. However, usually I'll try
> and have a bit of RHCP or Ben Folds. Sometimes I have to force it cos otherwise I end up singing
> the Shania Twain song I heard on the radio several hours before.

mmm... Coldplay. I like them alright, but if they had a lot more of a sense of humor they'd be
Cracker. If they had a lot more talent, they'd be Radiohead.

Miles

miles todd wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:02:25 +0100, bomba <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> supabonbon wrote:
>>
>>> What do you guys hear?
>>

>> This week, I have mostly been hearing Clocks, by Coldplay, in my head. However, usually I'll try
>> and have a bit of RHCP or Ben Folds. Sometimes I have to force it cos otherwise I end up singing
>> the Shania Twain song I heard on the radio several hours before.
>>

> mmm... Coldplay. I like them alright, but if they had a lot more of a sense of humor they'd be
> Cracker. If they had a lot more talent, they'd be Radiohead.
>
> Miles

Hahaha, sounds like all the coldplay battling on alt.music.dave-matthews .... Ants Marching has a
sweet beat to ride to by the way, among others.

Jon Bond

"supabonbon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> What do you guys hear?

On the way to every ride I would hear that Eminem song (na,na,na,na, na,na,na) on the radio. During
the ride it would go through my head in an endless loop until I finally switched stations before
rides. Other than that negative experience any number of songs.

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 04:46:10 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

> miles todd wrote:

>>> This week, I have mostly been hearing Clocks, by Coldplay, in my head. However, usually I'll try
>>> and have a bit of RHCP or Ben Folds. Sometimes I have to force it cos otherwise I end up singing
>>> the Shania Twain song I heard on the radio several hours before.
>>>

>> mmm... Coldplay. I like them alright, but if they had a lot more of a sense of humor they'd be
>> Cracker. If they had a lot more talent, they'd be Radiohead.
>>
>> Miles
>>

> Hahaha, sounds like all the coldplay battling on alt.music.dave-matthews .... Ants Marching has a
> sweet beat to ride to by the way, among others.
>
> Jon Bond

Why would people on a Dave Matthews Band newsgroup be talking about Coldplay? I can't see (or hear)
the connection.

Miles

miles todd wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 04:46:10 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> miles todd wrote:

>>> mmm... Coldplay. I like them alright, but if they had a lot more of a sense of humor they'd be
>>> Cracker. If they had a lot more talent, they'd be Radiohead.
>>>
>>> Miles
>>>

>> Hahaha, sounds like all the coldplay battling on alt.music.dave-matthews .... Ants Marching has a
>> sweet beat to ride to by the way, among others.
>>
>> Jon Bond
>>

> Why would people on a Dave Matthews Band newsgroup be talking about Coldplay? I can't see (or
> hear) the connection.
>
> Miles

They talk about radiohead all the time too. Actually, about 60% of the posts are off topic...
kinda funny :)

Hell, why the hell are we talking about Coldplay?

Jon Bond

In <[email protected]> Bill Wheeler wrote:
> On 12 Mar 2003 19:32:14 GMT, BB <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On 12 Mar 2003 09:30:56 -0800, supabonbon wrote:
>>
>>> What do you guys hear?
>>
>>I hear a lot of Bob Marley when I'm on casual ridearounds, surf guitar if it gets more
>>interesting.
>
> Perhaps a little **** Dale?

Hahaha, that's what it took to get Henry Mancini out of my head!

miles todd wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 04:46:10 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> miles todd wrote:

>>> mmm... Coldplay. I like them alright, but if they had a lot more of a sense of humor they'd be
>>> Cracker. If they had a lot more talent, they'd be Radiohead.
>>>
>>> Miles
>>>

>> Hahaha, sounds like all the coldplay battling on alt.music.dave-matthews .... Ants Marching has a
>> sweet beat to ride to by the way, among others.
>>
>> Jon Bond
>>

> Why would people on a Dave Matthews Band newsgroup be talking about Coldplay? I can't see (or
> hear) the connection.
>
> Miles

Oh yeah, my bike is Yellow...

Jon Bond

miles todd wrote:

> mmm... Coldplay. I like them alright, but if they had a lot more of a sense of humor they'd be
> Cracker. If they had a lot more talent, they'd be Radiohead.

Meeow! I wasn't really a fan of their Parachutes album, but I quite like their new album - 'Clocks'
has especially been floating my boat the last couple of weeks.

As for Radiohead, I'm a big fan and 'The Bends' has to rate as one of my all time favourite albums.

Who are Cracker? I'm guessing they haven't hit this side of the Atlantic yet.

supabonbon <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while we're
> riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette', the
> French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had Hall&Oates 'Private
> Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the strains from 'The
> Sound of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure. I blame the lycra. What
> do you guys hear?

Uhhhmm, 'here we go round the mulberry bush'........

Shaun aRe - sometimes 'what shall we do with the drunken sailor' or 'They're Red Hot' by RHCP (If
I'm lucky and overdosed on caffeine)......"I got a girl she's long and tall, sleeps in the kitchen
with her feets in the hall...."

Bill Wheeler wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:00:38 -0500, "Lightweight" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>Fire On The Mountain (some country song)
> ..got a nice version from the Dead.

Jerry is dead, the 70's are officially OVER