dumb songs in head while riding

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:23:53 -0000, Shaun Rimmer <[email protected]> wrote:

> supabonbon <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while we're
>> riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette', the
>> French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had Hall&Oates 'Private
>> Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the strains from 'The
>> Sound of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure. I blame the lycra. What
>> do you guys hear?
>
> Uhhhmm, 'here we go round the mulberry bush'........
>

> Shaun aRe - sometimes 'what shall we do with the drunken sailor' or 'They're Red Hot' by RHCP (If
> I'm lucky and overdosed on caffeine)......"I got a girl she's long and tall, sleeps in the kitchen
> with her feets in the hall...."

She's as cute as can be but she taller than me...

A good one. The Rev is great for driving as well.

Miles

miles todd <[email protected]> wrote in message news:eek:prlzbjfhnlkb6ka@news-server...
> On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:23:53 -0000, Shaun Rimmer <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > supabonbon <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while
> >> we're riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears
> >> 'Alouette', the French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had
> >> Hall&Oates 'Private Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the
> >> strains from 'The Sound of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure. I
> >> blame the lycra. What do you guys hear?
> >
> > Uhhhmm, 'here we go round the mulberry bush'........
> >

> > Shaun aRe - sometimes 'what shall we do with the drunken sailor' or 'They're Red Hot' by RHCP
> > (If I'm lucky and overdosed on caffeine)......"I got a girl she's long and tall, sleeps in the
> > kitchen with her feets in the hall...."
> >

> She's as cute as can be but she taller than me...

Hmmmm, hot tomalies!

> A good one. The Rev is great for driving as well.

Who's The Rev ?.....(?).....???

Shaun aRe

> Who's The Rev ?.....(?).....???

Ack! The Reverend Horton Heat you cretin! One of our Texas boys showing how psychabilly is done. I'm
surprised no one has mentioned The Cramps, especially with all you blue-bloods lurking about.

Then again, I'm a recovering greaser. Had to shave the pomade encrusted pompadour to put on a
bike helmet...

-will

Watch yer mouth ya fecking foetid **** biscuit, or I'll set the gerbil on ya, got it? Right......

> One of our Texas boys showing

That explains it.......

> how psychabilly is done. I'm surprised no one has mentioned The Cramps, especially with all you
> blue-bloods lurking about.

Heard ibuprofen works well for women that suffer like you do.....

> Then again, I'm a recovering greaser. Had to shave the pomade encrusted pompadour to put on a bike
> helmet...

Heh - you can take the hair off a greaser, but they're still a greaser on the inside.....

> -will

Won't!!

Shaun aRe - Bloody Texans....sheeeet......

> Heh - you can take the hair off a greaser, but they're still a greaser on the inside.....

Yeah, only if I wear my greaser garb with a shaved head I end up looking like a neo-nazi skinhead :(
So my leather jacket and cuffed pants are gathering dust these days.

-will

El Barista <[email protected]> wrote in message

> > Heh - you can take the hair off a greaser, but they're still a greaser
on
> > the inside.....
>
> Yeah, only if I wear my greaser garb with a shaved head I end up looking like a neo-nazi skinhead

Which ain't the best look eh? ',:~}

> So my leather jacket and cuffed pants are gathering dust these days.

You still got 'em?

Still got the leather jacket, but my leather pants got cut off me when I crashed the little mo'bike
(booooo!) ;-(

Shaun aRe

> > Yeah, only if I wear my greaser garb with a shaved head I end up looking like a neo-nazi
> > skinhead
>
> Which ain't the best look eh? ',:~}

Since my last name is Ernst, I should probably pass on that fashion statement... "We're the boys...
We're the boys with the swastika tattoos!"

> > So my leather jacket and cuffed pants are gathering dust these days.
>
> You still got 'em?

Oh yeah! And my flametip Gibson's, my wingtip Fluevog Angels, and my swirl Tredairs. Man, all that
money in shoes could buy a nice second wheelset!

> Still got the leather jacket, but my leather pants got cut off me when I crashed the little
> mo'bike (booooo!) ;-(

Ouch, in more ways than one!

-will

In article <[email protected]>, supabonbon wrote:
> I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while we're
> riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette', the
> French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had Hall&Oates 'Private
> Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the strains from 'The
> Sound of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure. I blame the lycra. What
> do you guys hear?

There's an instrumental piece in Kranked 2 that's mostly just a trumpet tootling along. In slow
sections, I often find myself whistling it. Heck, I often find myself whistling it regardless...it
reminds me of riding. :)

JS

--
========================= [email protected] ========================
Jan Sacharuk Member in Good Standing of The Discordian Solidarity Turn on viewing of the X-Geek-Code

- Hermes, Futurama

In <[email protected]> John G wrote:

> Shawn Curry wrote:
>

> Relating the rhyme Ring Around the Rosey to the plague is Bovine excrement.
>
> http://www.snopes.com/language/literary/rosie.htm

What, you believe everything you read on the internet? ;-) I did find a reference in Disease and
History by F. Cartwright that "Ba Ba Black Sheep" had something to do with post Black Death Wool
Barons. But I wasn't thinking about that riding today!

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003 05:49:00 GMT, Jonathan Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

> miles todd wrote:

>>> Hahaha, sounds like all the coldplay battling on alt.music.dave- matthews .... Ants Marching has
>>> a sweet beat to ride to by the way, among others.
>>>
>>> Jon Bond
>>>

>> Why would people on a Dave Matthews Band newsgroup be talking about Coldplay? I can't see (or
>> hear) the connection.
>>
>> Miles
>>

> They talk about radiohead all the time too. Actually, about 60% of the posts are off topic...
> kinda funny :)
>
> Hell, why the hell are we talking about Coldplay?
>
> Jon Bond

Because my bike is yellow, too... ANd that song, I might point out, is very Crackerlike. In fact,
that's who I thought it was the first couple of times I heard the song.

Miles

supabonbon wrote:
> I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while we're
> riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette', the
> French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had Hall&Oates 'Private
> Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the strains from 'The
> Sound of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure. I blame the lycra. What
> do you guys hear?
>
> /s

Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstasy, and Alcohol....co co cocaiiine.

Sorry. Just saw 'em live and the rhythm makes for great climbing.

John Spann

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:41:55 GMT, El Barista wrote:
> "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
>> On bombing downhills, I just prefer to bellow out Wagner's "Ride of the Valkyres" at the top of
>> my lungs. :)
>
> Wow, you obviously have MUCH longer downhills than we grow here in Texas!

Having come here from Texas, I can say without a doubt: yes. (accompanied by MUCH longer uphills!)

Oh ****........

> > > So my leather jacket and cuffed pants are gathering dust these days.
> >
> > You still got 'em?
>
> Oh yeah! And my flametip Gibson's, my wingtip Fluevog Angels, and my
swirl
> Tredairs. Man, all that money in shoes could buy a nice second wheelset!

Are you a girl?!?!? ',;~}

> > Still got the leather jacket, but my leather pants got cut off me when I crashed the little
> > mo'bike (booooo!) ;-(
>
> Ouch, in more ways than one!

Yeah - I got those pants at a real bargain price, and I can't afford to replace them.

;-(

They also cut off the German Tanksuit I was wearing (I loved that! Came with a thermal wicking liner
and everything).....

;-(

When they were asking could they cut them off, I found it a stupid question (I was fooked, who gave
a **** about the pants!), so I sarcastically said 'yeah, but please don't cut the belt'. He spent 5
minutes trying to undo the mangled buckle FFS.......heheheh......

Shaun aRe - still got the belt.......

"Huw Pritchard" <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 22:48:18 +0100, bomba did issue forth:
>
> > Not even! Seriously, I've driven two hours to trails with my own choice of music, but had the
> > Buggles' 'Video Killed the Radio Star' come back to haunt me after I heard it at breakfast.
>
> Yes, that song has that effect.
>
> The British Government were experimenting with it in secret at Porton Down after WWII as a form of
> psychological warfar, you know.

Man, that's an effective one! I've got it stuck even without hearing it. ****.

Cindy Lauper, She-Bop.

A couple months ago, I watched Repo Man (for maybe the 20th time) and I got the old 7-up jingle
stuck for days.
--
Tom "feelin' 7-up, I'm feelin' 7-up" Purvis Salida, CO

John Spann <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> supabonbon wrote:
> > I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about dumb songs that enter our heads while
> > we're riding 'in the zone'. He considered for a moment, and said that he often hears 'Alouette',
> > the French children's song, going through his head when he's rolling easy. I had Hall&Oates
> > 'Private Eyes' in my nut during a stiff climb Saturday, but I'll often fabricate the strains
> > from 'The Sound of Music'. Regularly, I listen to jazz, rock, and punk. Go figure. I blame the
> > lycra. What do you guys hear?
> >
> > /s
>
> Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstasy, and Alcohol....co co cocaiiine.
>
> Sorry. Just saw 'em live and the rhythm makes for great climbing.
>
> John Spann

I guess I don't climb that fast. I tend to hear their loopier stuff, like "Leg of Lamb", even though
I don't like it as much. "Song for the Deaf" or "...Dead" (song, not album, though I don't remember
which) is fine for droning along too. /s c-c-c-c-c