Dumbest Scammer, ever...

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by [email protected], Apr 1, 2006.

  1. Just got an email from "Mr. John..." representing a Nigerian banking
    concern. Craziest thing, the dumb SOB who sent the email included his
    "myway.com" email address at the bottom of the email, probably due to
    some sort of autosignature feature, so there's another email address
    (separate from the "return" address for the message) in the message.

    Check it out:

    "Mr. John" <[email protected]>

    BUSINESS PROPOSAL

    Hi,
    In order to transfer out thirty six Million
    United States Dollars from Oceanic Bank. I wish to ask for your
    assistance, believing that you will never let me down either now or in
    future.

    I am Mr.John Chukwu, the Chief Auditor of Oceanic bank .There
    was an account opened in this bank in 1993 and since 1999 nobody has
    operated on this account till date. After my long investigation to my
    greatest suprise I came to find out that the owner of the account who
    is Mr. Smith B. Andreas, a foreigner, crude oil exporter, who died in
    2000.This account has no beneficiary, infact no other person knows
    about this account or anything about the account, and my investigation
    proved to me as well that this company does not exist anymore in
    Nigeria. The amount involved is USD 36M, which i seek your consent to
    transfer to a safe foreign account. I do not know any foreigner that i
    can trust either than you, I am only contacting you as a foreigner
    because this money can not be claimed by a Nigerian because the
    rightful owner of the account (Mr. Smith) is a foreigner.I will also
    use my position and influence to effect legal approvals and onward
    transfer of this money to your account with appropriate clearance of
    the ministries and foreign exchange departments. At the conclusion
    of
    this business, you will be given 20% of the total amount, 75% will be
    for me, while 5% will be for expenses both parties might have incurred
    during the process of transferring.

    Thank you and God bless.

    John
    Chukwu.
    Email:[email protected]

    If I click on "reply", the email it came from shows:
    [email protected]

    right.... like I'm gonna send my bank account info to him. What a
    frikkin dumbass!

    Fred

    Tags:

  2. On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 20:20:16 +0200, <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Just got an email from "Mr. John..." representing a Nigerian banking
    > concern. Craziest thing, the dumb SOB who sent the email included his
    > "myway.com" email address at the bottom of the email, probably due to
    > some sort of autosignature feature, so there's another email address
    > (separate from the "return" address for the message) in the message.

    Do you mean that I sent my life savings to a con man?

    I sent my money three months ago but didn't hear anything and
    I do so want to buy a half share in that Castle in Scotland that
    Ben Doon and Phil McAvity aor offering cheap.

    --
    Davey on the Road

  3. Donald Munro

    Donald Munro Guest

    Davey Crockett wrote:
    > I sent my money three months ago but didn't hear anything and
    > I do so want to buy a half share in that Castle in Scotland that
    > Ben Doon and Phil McAvity aor offering cheap.

    I'm selling the UCI in case you're interested. And as a special April 1
    deal you get WADA for a nominal extra fee.

  4. Tim Lines

    Tim Lines Guest

    Donald Munro wrote:
    > [email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>>Just got an email from "Mr. John..." representing a Nigerian banking
    >>>concern. Craziest thing, the dumb SOB who sent the email included his
    >>>"myway.com" email address at the bottom of the email, probably due to
    >>>some sort of autosignature feature, so there's another email address
    >>>(separate from the "return" address for the message) in the message.
    >>>

    > Davey Crockett wrote:
    >
    >>I sent my money three months ago but didn't hear anything and
    >>I do so want to buy a half share in that Castle in Scotland that
    >>Ben Doon and Phil McAvity aor offering cheap.

    > I'm selling the UCI in case you're interested. And as a special April 1
    > deal you get WADA for a nominal extra fee.

    You almost got me with that until I saw that you expected someone to PAY
    for WADA as opposed to you paying someone to take it off your hands. Got
    to keep these things believeable.