dun dun dun... THE ULTIMATE DICYCLE!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by e39m5, Jul 12, 2005.

  1. e39m5

    e39m5 Guest

    Tags:

  2. James_Potter

    James_Potter Guest

  3. lleberg

    lleberg Guest

  4. Naomi

    Naomi Guest

    "e39m5" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > http://tinyurl.com/dfhvw
    >
    > that was fun

    There are a couple of pictures of Zyllan riding a dicycle at one of Steve
    Grainger's unimeets. His looks to have a much narrower track than the ebay
    machine, and might be , I would guess, even more difficult to ride.

    http://www.richardloxley.com/photos/unimeet1202/slides/Img_0032.html and

    http://www.richardloxley.com/photos/unimeet1202/slides/Img_0033.html

    Ot just hit the forward button to flip to the second picture

    Nao

  5. Muniuni

    Muniuni Guest

    "Naomi" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > There are a couple of pictures of Zyllan riding a dicycle at one of Steve
    > Grainger's unimeets. His looks to have a much narrower track than the
    > ebay machine, and might be , I would guess, even more difficult to ride.
    >
    > http://www.richardloxley.com/photos/unimeet1202/slides/Img_0032.html and
    >
    > http://www.richardloxley.com/photos/unimeet1202/slides/Img_0033.html
    >
    > Or just hit the forward button to flip to the second picture
    >

    > Nao

    What would be the technique for riding one of these beasts? Anyone with any
    experience? It seems that on the straight and level, if you COULD keep
    your weight L-R central, it should roll on both wheels simultaneously, and
    almost have L-R stability, but to corner you would surely have to ride on
    just one wheel. Bit like a UW then but with the pedals displaced sideways?
    I have a horrible feeling that it is going to be even harder than it looks
    and sounds. Maybe much harder.

    Of course if it is still not hard enough for the experts out there, one
    could make a Mk II, where the two wheels revolved independently. Turn on a
    sixpence that would.....no, no, too silly.

    Muniuni