Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Dura Ace 10 Front Derailleur Spring problems

Started by DeanPatterson · · Last activity · 3 posts · 1,414 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
27 December 2004
Last activity
27 December 2004
Original author
DeanPatterson
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,414
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I have a Dura Ace 10 Front Derailleur that keeps dislodging its return spring from the small forged, aluminum lip that retains one end of the spring (the other rests, under pressure, on the derailleur cage). It does not look as if this 'lip' is broken or chipped, but I may not be able to tell. I have loaded the spring again twice and put it bback into position, but after a few shifts, it 'unloads' and I have no ability to shift front chainrings! The group is three months old with about 2000 miles, no crashes or damage at all...

    Has anyone else had this problem? What is the fix? Is it a warranty situation with Shimano? Any help would be appreciated!

    Dean Patterson
    [email hidden]

  2. DeanPatterson said:

    I have a Dura Ace 10 Front Derailleur that keeps dislodging its return spring from the small forged, aluminum lip that retains one end of the spring (the other rests, under pressure, on the derailleur cage). It does not look as if this 'lip' is broken or chipped, but I may not be able to tell. I have loaded the spring again twice and put it bback into position, but after a few shifts, it 'unloads' and I have no ability to shift front chainrings! The group is three months old with about 2000 miles, no crashes or damage at all...

    Has anyone else had this problem? What is the fix? Is it a warranty situation with Shimano? Any help would be appreciated!

    Dean Patterson
    [email hidden]

    Warranty replacement.

  3. next time,buy campy!!!!

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.