Dura Ace 10 Front Derailleur Spring problems

DeanPatterson

Aug 5, 2003
I have a Dura Ace 10 Front Derailleur that keeps dislodging its return spring from the small forged, aluminum lip that retains one end of the spring (the other rests, under pressure, on the derailleur cage). It does not look as if this 'lip' is broken or chipped, but I may not be able to tell. I have loaded the spring again twice and put it bback into position, but after a few shifts, it 'unloads' and I have no ability to shift front chainrings! The group is three months old with about 2000 miles, no crashes or damage at all...

Has anyone else had this problem? What is the fix? Is it a warranty situation with Shimano? Any help would be appreciated!

Dean Patterson
[email protected]

DeanPatterson said:
I have a Dura Ace 10 Front Derailleur that keeps dislodging its return spring from the small forged, aluminum lip that retains one end of the spring (the other rests, under pressure, on the derailleur cage). It does not look as if this 'lip' is broken or chipped, but I may not be able to tell. I have loaded the spring again twice and put it bback into position, but after a few shifts, it 'unloads' and I have no ability to shift front chainrings! The group is three months old with about 2000 miles, no crashes or damage at all...

Has anyone else had this problem? What is the fix? Is it a warranty situation with Shimano? Any help would be appreciated!

Dean Patterson
[email protected]
Warranty replacement.