Dura Ace 10 speed Compatibility?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Steve Turner, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. Steve Turner

    Steve Turner Guest

    Unable to find a definitive answer on the Shimano website, so I thought I'd try here.

    - Are the 9-spd chainrings compatible with the 10 spd (7800) chain?
    - Is the 9-spd front derailleur compatible with the 7800 chain and 7800 STI shifters?

    Thanks, Steve

    Tags:

  2. Steve Turner wrote:

    > Unable to find a definitive answer on the Shimano website, so I thought I'd try here.
    >
    > - Are the 9-spd chainrings compatible with the 10 spd (7800) chain?
    > - Is the 9-spd front derailleur compatible with the 7800 chain and 7800 STI shifters?

    I haven't tried yet, but I would be very, very, very surprised if there was any problem with this.

    They said the same about 9-speed vs. 8-speed, and that was alarmist nonsense.

    | Education consists mainly in what we have unlearned. | --Mark Twain |

  3. Steve-<< - Are the 9-spd chainrings compatible with the 10 spd (7800) chain?

    ->yes

    - Is the 9-spd front derailleur compatible with the 7800 chain and 7800 STI shifters?

    ->yes again. The only thing ya can't do is put a 9s cogset onto shimano 10s freehubs...