Dura Ace 10 speed Compatibility?

Steve Turner

Guest
Unable to find a definitive answer on the Shimano website, so I thought I'd try here.

- Are the 9-spd chainrings compatible with the 10 spd (7800) chain?
- Is the 9-spd front derailleur compatible with the 7800 chain and 7800 STI shifters?

Thanks, Steve

Steve Turner wrote:

> Unable to find a definitive answer on the Shimano website, so I thought I'd try here.
>
> - Are the 9-spd chainrings compatible with the 10 spd (7800) chain?
> - Is the 9-spd front derailleur compatible with the 7800 chain and 7800 STI shifters?

I haven't tried yet, but I would be very, very, very surprised if there was any problem with this.

They said the same about 9-speed vs. 8-speed, and that was alarmist nonsense.

| Education consists mainly in what we have unlearned. | --Mark Twain |

Steve-<< - Are the 9-spd chainrings compatible with the 10 spd (7800) chain?

->yes

- Is the 9-spd front derailleur compatible with the 7800 chain and 7800 STI shifters?

->yes again. The only thing ya can't do is put a 9s cogset onto shimano 10s freehubs...