Dura Ace 2004 Hub

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Y2kc0wb0y, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Y2kc0wb0y

    Y2kc0wb0y Guest

    Does anyone know if the new 10spd DA rear hub will be 9spd backwards compatible? Meaning, will the a
    9spd hub work with the 10spd cassette? thanks Scott

    Tags:

  2. Bfd

    Bfd Guest

  3. scott-<< Does anyone know if the new 10spd DA rear hub will be 9spd backwards compatible? Meaning,
    will the a 9spd hub work with the 10spd cassette? >><BR><BR>

    The rumor is that it will be..Ther biggest cog is 'dished' to be closer to the spokes..

  4. Matt O'Toole

    Matt O'Toole Guest

    > scott-<< Does anyone know if the new 10spd DA rear hub will be 9spd backwards compatible? Meaning,
    > will the a 9spd hub work with the 10spd cassette? >><BR><BR>
    >
    > The rumor is that it will be..Ther biggest cog is 'dished' to be closer to the spokes..

    Like the old Ritchey "2x9" system from the 8 speed days?

    I once built an 8 speed cassette out of a 7 speed this way. Actually it makes sense, since there's
    plenty of "wasted" room between the large cog and the spokes. The only problem is chainline, but of
    course that could be changed (watch Shimano break all existing standards yet again). Some people say
    the derailer could be running too close to the spokes, but I never had that problem.

    Matt O.

  5. Y2kc0wb0y

    Y2kc0wb0y Guest

    > "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >
    > > scott-<< Does anyone know if the new 10spd DA rear hub will be 9spd backwards compatible?
    > > Meaning, will the a 9spd hub work with the 10spd cassette? >><BR><BR>
    > >
    > > The rumor is that it will be..Ther biggest cog is 'dished' to be closer to the spokes..
    >
    > Like the old Ritchey "2x9" system from the 8 speed days?
    >
    > I once built an 8 speed cassette out of a 7 speed this way. Actually it makes sense, since there's
    > plenty of "wasted" room between the large cog and the spokes. The only problem is chainline, but
    > of course that could be changed (watch Shimano break all existing standards yet again). Some
    > people say the derailer could be running too close to the spokes, but I never had that problem.
    >
    > Matt O.

    Thank you everyone that replied... That answered my questions... Ciao