Dura Ace 2004 Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Y2kc0wb0y

Does anyone know if the new 10spd DA rear hub will be 9spd backwards compatible? Meaning, will the a
9spd hub work with the 10spd cassette? thanks Scott

scott-<< Does anyone know if the new 10spd DA rear hub will be 9spd backwards compatible? Meaning,
will the a 9spd hub work with the 10spd cassette? >><BR><BR>

The rumor is that it will be..Ther biggest cog is 'dished' to be closer to the spokes..

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> scott-<< Does anyone know if the new 10spd DA rear hub will be 9spd backwards compatible? Meaning,
> will the a 9spd hub work with the 10spd cassette? >><BR><BR>
>
> The rumor is that it will be..Ther biggest cog is 'dished' to be closer to the spokes..

Like the old Ritchey "2x9" system from the 8 speed days?

I once built an 8 speed cassette out of a 7 speed this way. Actually it makes sense, since there's
plenty of "wasted" room between the large cog and the spokes. The only problem is chainline, but of
course that could be changed (watch Shimano break all existing standards yet again). Some people say
the derailer could be running too close to the spokes, but I never had that problem.

Matt O.

"Matt O'Toole" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > scott-<< Does anyone know if the new 10spd DA rear hub will be 9spd backwards compatible?
> > Meaning, will the a 9spd hub work with the 10spd cassette? >><BR><BR>
> >
> > The rumor is that it will be..Ther biggest cog is 'dished' to be closer to the spokes..
>
> Like the old Ritchey "2x9" system from the 8 speed days?
>
> I once built an 8 speed cassette out of a 7 speed this way. Actually it makes sense, since there's
> plenty of "wasted" room between the large cog and the spokes. The only problem is chainline, but
> of course that could be changed (watch Shimano break all existing standards yet again). Some
> people say the derailer could be running too close to the spokes, but I never had that problem.
>
> Matt O.

Thank you everyone that replied... That answered my questions... Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.