Dura Ace 7800 10 Speed Shift Levers Seem To Change Effective Torso Length To Hoods

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gerr, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Gerr

    Gerr Guest

    Just received my new 7800 groupo and after measuring new shift levers vs old; It seems the new
    levers will position one (resting on the hoods) almost a full centimeter further out on the
    handlebars (all else remaining the same.) -For position weenies such as myself, it is an
    issue.(Changes standing position, back angle, etc.) Something long distance riders should compensate
    for (raise/shorten stem length, change angle of hoods, etc. - Of course, there are other dynamics
    when you mess with that stuff also.) -Now the good news: Neccesary Yin with the wonderful benifit of
    having a great ergo hood that actually fits my hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Tags:

  2. Are you comparing 7700 to 7800?

    FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
    http://mail.giantcompany.com

    "Gerr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Just received my new 7800 groupo and after measuring new shift levers vs old; It seems the new
    > levers will position one (resting on the hoods) almost a full centimeter further out on the
    > handlebars (all else remaining the same.) -For position weenies such as myself, it is an
    > issue.(Changes standing position, back angle, etc.) Something long distance riders should
    > compensate for (raise/shorten stem length, change angle of hoods, etc. - Of course, there are
    > other dynamics when you mess with that stuff also.) -Now the good news: Neccesary Yin with the
    > wonderful benifit of having a great ergo hood that actually fits my hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ---

  3. Dion Dock

    Dion Dock Guest

    Did you pick your original Shimano shifters over Campy due to fit issues?

    -Dion