Dura Ace 7800 10 Speed Shift Levers Seem To Change Effective Torso Length To Hoods

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gerr, Feb 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gerr

Gerr Guest

Just received my new 7800 groupo and after measuring new shift levers vs old; It seems the new
    levers will position one (resting on the hoods) almost a full centimeter further out on the
    handlebars (all else remaining the same.) -For position weenies such as myself, it is an
    issue.(Changes standing position, back angle, etc.) Something long distance riders should compensate
    for (raise/shorten stem length, change angle of hoods, etc. - Of course, there are other dynamics
    when you mess with that stuff also.) -Now the good news: Neccesary Yin with the wonderful benifit of
    having a great ergo hood that actually fits my hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tags:

2. Are you comparing 7700 to 7800?

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
    http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Gerr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Just received my new 7800 groupo and after measuring new shift levers vs old; It seems the new
    > levers will position one (resting on the hoods) almost a full centimeter further out on the
    > handlebars (all else remaining the same.) -For position weenies such as myself, it is an
    > issue.(Changes standing position, back angle, etc.) Something long distance riders should
    > compensate for (raise/shorten stem length, change angle of hoods, etc. - Of course, there are
    > other dynamics when you mess with that stuff also.) -Now the good news: Neccesary Yin with the
    > wonderful benifit of having a great ergo hood that actually fits my hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!

---
    Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
    Version: 6.0.567 / Virus Database: 358 - Release Date: 1/25/2004

3. Dion Dock

Dion Dock Guest

Did you pick your original Shimano shifters over Campy due to fit issues?

-Dion

"Gerr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Just received my new 7800 groupo and after measuring new shift levers vs old; It seems the new
    > levers will position one (resting on the hoods) almost a full centimeter further out on the
    > handlebars (all else remaining the same.) -For position weenies such as myself, it is an
    > issue.(Changes standing position, back angle, etc.) Something long distance riders should
    > compensate for (raise/shorten stem length, change angle of hoods, etc. - Of course, there are
    > other dynamics when you mess with that stuff also.) -Now the good news: Neccesary Yin with the
    > wonderful benifit of having a great ergo hood that actually fits my hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.