Dura Ace 7800 10 Speed Shift Levers Seem To Change Effective Torso Length To Hoods

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gerr

Just received my new 7800 groupo and after measuring new shift levers vs old; It seems the new
levers will position one (resting on the hoods) almost a full centimeter further out on the
handlebars (all else remaining the same.) -For position weenies such as myself, it is an
issue.(Changes standing position, back angle, etc.) Something long distance riders should compensate
for (raise/shorten stem length, change angle of hoods, etc. - Of course, there are other dynamics
when you mess with that stuff also.) -Now the good news: Neccesary Yin with the wonderful benifit of
having a great ergo hood that actually fits my hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you comparing 7700 to 7800?

--

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Gerr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Just received my new 7800 groupo and after measuring new shift levers vs old; It seems the new
> levers will position one (resting on the hoods) almost a full centimeter further out on the
> handlebars (all else remaining the same.) -For position weenies such as myself, it is an
> issue.(Changes standing position, back angle, etc.) Something long distance riders should
> compensate for (raise/shorten stem length, change angle of hoods, etc. - Of course, there are
> other dynamics when you mess with that stuff also.) -Now the good news: Neccesary Yin with the
> wonderful benifit of having a great ergo hood that actually fits my hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!

---
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.567 / Virus Database: 358 - Release Date: 1/25/2004

Did you pick your original Shimano shifters over Campy due to fit issues?

-Dion

"Gerr" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Just received my new 7800 groupo and after measuring new shift levers vs old; It seems the new
> levers will position one (resting on the hoods) almost a full centimeter further out on the
> handlebars (all else remaining the same.) -For position weenies such as myself, it is an
> issue.(Changes standing position, back angle, etc.) Something long distance riders should
> compensate for (raise/shorten stem length, change angle of hoods, etc. - Of course, there are
> other dynamics when you mess with that stuff also.) -Now the good news: Neccesary Yin with the
> wonderful benifit of having a great ergo hood that actually fits my hands !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.