Dura Ace 8 sp. Bar Ends with Sachs NS RD?

Gary Jacobson

Guest
Will the new 8 speed Dura Ace bar end shifters I just got shift a Sachs New Success Rear Deraillure
without monkeying around? If not, is there an Ultegra version that will do the job? Anyone have any
for sale if Ultegra is what I need?

Packaging in bar end shifters says for Dura Ace Deraillure only, and I seem to remember
compatibility issue between Dura Ace and other Shimano 8 speed rear deraillures. Sachs New Success
has some Shimano computability.

Thanks.

Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

"Gary Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Will the new 8 speed Dura Ace bar end shifters I just got shift a Sachs
New
> Success Rear Deraillure without monkeying around? If not, is there an Ultegra version that will do
> the job? Anyone have any for sale if Ultegra is what I need?
>
> Packaging in bar end shifters says for Dura Ace Deraillure only, and I
seem
> to remember compatibility issue between Dura Ace and other Shimano 8 speed rear deraillures. Sachs
> New Success has some Shimano computability.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

Try running the cable to the opposite side of the attachment bolt. It may just work.

Failing that, Ultegra should work.

You wanna try some Sachs Ergos? I know a guy that has a pair.

Mike

That guy is me, right? I'll be posting two pair on rec.bicycles.marketplace soon.

Not going to open the Dura Ace bar end package. I'll just go with Ultegra if I can find them.

Thanks.

Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

"Mike S." <mikeshaw2@coxDOTnet> wrote in message news:LR7ab.55529$cj1.25729@fed1read06...

> "Gary Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > Will the new 8 speed Dura Ace bar end shifters I just got shift a Sachs
> New
> > Success Rear Deraillure without monkeying around? If not, is there an Ultegra version that will
> > do the job? Anyone have any for sale if Ultegra is what I need?
> >
> > Packaging in bar end shifters says for Dura Ace Deraillure only, and I
> seem
> > to remember compatibility issue between Dura Ace and other Shimano 8
speed
> > rear deraillures. Sachs New Success has some Shimano computability.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> Try running the cable to the opposite side of the attachment bolt. It may just work.
>
> Failing that, Ultegra should work.
>
> You wanna try some Sachs Ergos? I know a guy that has a pair.
>
> Mike

jacobson-<< Will the new 8 speed Dura Ace bar end shifters I just got shift a Sachs New Success Rear
Deraillure without monkeying around? >><BR><BR>

It should work as you can use DA 8s STI with any non-DA rear der, by mounting the cable above the
bolt- And Sachs is samo as non-DA 8s rear ders, dimension wise-

"Gary Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> That guy is me, right? I'll be posting two pair on rec.bicycles.marketplace soon.
>
> Not going to open the Dura Ace bar end package. I'll just go with Ultegra
if
> I can find them.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Gary Jacobson Rosendale, NY

Dunno, why do you want to change away from the Ergos in the first place?

Tried switching back to barcons when Ergos first came out 'cause I wasn't sure of how they'd work in
the nasties. Since then, the brifters stay on the bikes year round.

Mike

"Gary Jacobson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... -snip-
> Not going to open the Dura Ace bar end package. I'll just go with Ultegra
if
> I can find them.
-snip-

There is only one 9 speed, (SL-BS-77) and it is shipped variously in a plastic bag or a
Dura Ace box.

For a touring bike on one set up, and I want reliability and friction mode. On my wife's bike we are
going to bar cons because the throw to shift is too great for her hands.