Dura Ace 9 Speed chain with Connex Link??

PeterF

Sep 13, 2004
I love the way my Connex link works with my Campy 10 chain. I'm a big fan of removing a chain to clean it, but not such a fan of the campy replacement pin/chain tool system. I have another bike with Shimano 9 speed, and I'm wondering if anyone has used the Wipperman Connex 9 speed link with the dura ace 9 chain? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.

I've used the SRAM 9-speed Powerlinks with Shimano chains for a long time without any problem, and I'd expect the Connex ones to be much the same.

(For what it's worth, I've used the Connex 10-speed links with Shimano 10-speed chains as well, again no problem, except for how expensive the 10-speed master links are :mad: )

Just don't use an old, worn link on a new chain, except in emergencies.

PeterF said:
I love the way my Connex link works with my Campy 10 chain. I'm a big fan of removing a chain to clean it, but not such a fan of the campy replacement pin/chain tool system. I have another bike with Shimano 9 speed, and I'm wondering if anyone has used the Wipperman Connex 9 speed link with the dura ace 9 chain? Any opinions would be appreciated. Thank you.
Second vote here for the SRAM 9-speed powerlink on Ultegra/Dura-Ace chains. Never had any problems.

HTH,

n

nerdag said:
Second vote here for the SRAM 9-speed powerlink on Ultegra/Dura-Ace chains. Never had any problems.

HTH,

n
Thanks. I have heard the SRAM link works with Shimano 9 very well. I was just wondering about the Connex one too. I have used an SRAM chain and Connex link on a campy chain and personally, I think the connex is easier to use (IMHO).