Dura Ace 9 Speed or Ultegra 10 Speed?

orbearider1212

Jan 21, 2005
I was getting ready to build up a new bike and i wanted some of your opinnions on what to build it up with. I have a Fuji Team Sl frame. To fit my budget, I can put either Dura Ace 9 Speed or Ultegra 10 Speed. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Tyler

orbearider1212 said:
I was getting ready to build up a new bike and i wanted some of your opinnions on what to build it up with. I have a Fuji Team Sl frame. To fit my budget, I can put either Dura Ace 9 Speed or Ultegra 10 Speed. What do you guys think?

Thanks,
Tyler
Ultegra 10 speed. The Ultegra 10 speed is newer, so I'd imagine much of the innovation from the 9 speed Dura Ace era went into the new Ultegra stuff. Thats just my guess though.

-Matt

i'd be agreeden...

unless you don't need the extra gearing

my first ultegra 9 on my 2000 lemond went to shite in short order, fortunately still under warranty. the second ultegra lasted until last fall when i just plain wore it out.
i replaced it with the same and it is performing flawlessly.
ultegra 10 should be just fine imho

orbearider1212 said:

Thanks,
Tyler
Ultegra, Ultegra, Ultegra!!!!!!!!!!
You'll not be sorry.

orbearider1212 said:

Thanks,
Tyler

Go with the 10s. Although 9s works perfectly well, the future is in 10s.

Ok so, I shall throw a spanner in the works!! I was just out on my bike debating the same thing. Oddly enough I actually prefer the Ultegra 9 to my Dura ace 10. Still, I agree that 10's are the future and I've never tried Ultegra 10's! Ah well.

Ultegra 10. Much better shifting and the hoods on the shifter are much more comfortable than the DA 9's. In fact I think the Ultegra 10 hoods is more comfotable than DA 10's.

Go the 10 speed ultegra.

The 9 speed can be very frustrating when upgrading things like wheelsets.

Go the 10 speed. You'd be surprised where that extra gear will be useful (especially when you haven't got it).