Dura-Ace Bar-end shifters

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Lloyd Kwong, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Lloyd Kwong

    Lloyd Kwong Guest

    I was hoping someone could provide some advice. I'm using DA bar-end shifters on aerobars and have
    been noticing that when I'm on the big chainring and I stand up to sprint, the front derailleur
    starts to 'slip' back towards the small chainring causing chain rub, no matter HOW tight I tighten
    the bar-con shifter. Can the DA bar-con for the front derailleur operate in SIS mode and 'click' so
    that it doesn't slip when I'm out of the saddle? It seems to 'click' into the small chainring
    position, but not into the big chainring position.

    Thanks.

    Tags:

  2. Chsb

    Chsb Guest

    Sheldon Brown wrote:

    > Lloyd Kwong wrote:
    >
    > > I was hoping someone could provide some advice. I'm using DA bar-end shifters on aerobars and
    > > have been noticing that when I'm on the big chainring and I stand up to sprint, the front
    > > derailleur starts to 'slip' back towards the small chainring causing chain rub, no matter HOW
    > > tight I tighten the bar-con shifter. Can the DA bar-con for the front derailleur operate in SIS
    > > mode and 'click' so that it doesn't slip when I'm out of the saddle?
    >
    > No.
    >
    > The problem is probably not in the lever. I have an article about this, see:
    > http://sheldonbrown.com/autoshift.html
    >
    > Sheldon "Grease Is Good" Brown +-----------------------------+
    > | Razors pain you; | Rivers are damp; | Acids stain you; | And drugs cause cramp; | Guns aren't
    > | lawful; | Nooses give; | Gas smells awful; | You might as well live. | --Dorothy Parker |
    > +-----------------------------+ Harris Cyclery, West Newton, Massachusetts Phone 617-244-9772 FAX
    > 617-244-1041 http://harriscyclery.com Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide http://captainbike.com
    > http://sheldonbrown.com

    slick trick, though I'd think greasing cable guides would be enough. couldn't resist!