Dura ace c24 cl wheels

nurul

Jan 4, 2004
About to buy a pair this week. My season will culminate in Etape du Tour in July, preceded with a lot of mountainous sportives in Spain, Andorra and France. I run 2009 cosmic carbon sl wheels (1800g real) on my Addict and it has ben a long time since i ran low profile. THE DA c24 cl seem to be the way forward in terms of hub quality, bearings, stiffness and weight. (1380g).By adding some Hope skewers I will be taking 500g off rotating mass compared to my cosmic carbons.
HOWEVER, there is one problem between getting my Scott down from 7,7 to 7,2kg. I just discovered today that in Spain there is no freehub adaptor to run campy cassettes on these fine ass wheels......Any solution anyone??

nurul said:
About to buy a pair this week. My season will culminate in Etape du Tour in July, preceded with a lot of mountainous sportives in Spain, Andorra and France. I run 2009 cosmic carbon sl wheels (1800g real) on my Addict and it has ben a long time since i ran low profile. THE DA c24 cl seem to be the way forward in terms of hub quality, bearings, stiffness and weight. (1380g).By adding some Hope skewers I will be taking 500g off rotating mass compared to my cosmic carbons.
HOWEVER, there is one problem between getting my Scott down from 7,7 to 7,2kg. I just discovered today that in Spain there is no freehub adaptor to run campy cassettes on these fine ass wheels......Any solution anyone??
I'm presuming your Campagnolo shifters are 10-speed ...

If so, adjust the rear derailleur's stops & run it with a 9-speed Shimano cassette ...

You can improved the indexing by replacing the loose, 9-speed cog spacers with narrower, 10-speed SHIMANO cog spacers ...

OR, you could buy a WHEELS MANUFACTURING cassette, but the smallest cog and lock-ring will be really close to the dropout (unless it is being used on an older, 8-speed/DA hub whose spacers were not reset to the 9-speed, left-right flange offset ... which is not the immediate case). If you go this route, you will not be able to hot-swap the wheels with a regular Campagnolo hub'd rear wheel because of the difference in the left-right offset of the cogs.

OR, you can install a 10-speed SHIMANO rear derailleur (or, a 9-speed Shimano rear derailleur while using the hubbub.com connection) on your bike which has 10-speed CAMPAGNOLO shifters & use the combination with an unmodified 9-speed SHIMANO cassette ... this is a combination that I use. Of course, the derailleur's stops have to be adjusted for the 9-speed cassette. Again, no hot-swapping wheels other than with another wheel which has a 9-speed Shimano cassette.