Dura Ace Cassette/Sram Red Drivetrain

G.Lo

Feb 11, 2006
Can Someone tell me if i can run a 10 speed dura ace cassette with a sram red drivetrain?

Im looking at buying some Easton EC90 SLX Carbon wheels, but they dont have sram compatable hubs. I would not have thought it possable to use a sram cassette on a shimano hubs

Cheers Gary

A mate of mine has used a shimano cluster with Red drivetrain to cut down the typical Red noise. i havent heard any complaints from him and i know he likes to have his ride running smooth.

I once borrowed a set of wheels for Shimano 10 spd to try on my Record equipped bike, but when I poured holy water on the wheels to purify them enough for use with Campy, they made horrifying disembodied gutteral sounds whilst repeating, Red Rum..........Red Rum............Red Rum...........

G.Lo said:
Can Someone tell me if i can run a 10 speed dura ace cassette with a sram red drivetrain?

Im looking at buying some Easton EC90 SLX Carbon wheels, but they dont have sram compatable hubs. I would not have thought it possable to use a sram cassette on a shimano hubs

Cheers Gary
Yes. It acyually works quieter and shifts better than a SRAM cassette. BTW any hub that is Shimano compatible is also SRAM compatible. They use the same spline pattern.

One more question also,
If im using a say a 12-25 cassette and i swap it for a 12-26/27 would i need change anything with regards to the rear mech, or would it just be a stright swap of the cassettes?(or wheels in my case, but you get the idea i'd be using somthing of a climbing cassette)
Cheers Gary

G.Lo said:
One more question also,
If im using a say a 12-25 cassette and i swap it for a 12-26/27 would i need change anything with regards to the rear mech, or would it just be a stright swap of the cassettes?(or wheels in my case, but you get the idea i'd be using somthing of a climbing cassette)
Cheers Gary
It depends on how long your chain is. It would probably be fine, but you should test the big/big combo in the workstand first. Of course you shouldn't use the big/big combo, but it happens sometimes by accident.