Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Dura Ace chain compatible with Ultegra?

Started by ROBIN9 · · Last activity · 5 posts · 1,520 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
25 April 2006
Last activity
25 April 2006
Original author
ROBIN9
Posts
5
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,520
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–5 of 5
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi,

    Is a Dura Ace chain compatible with Ultegra cassette / rings?

    Anyone know or have relative experience?

    Cheers!

  2. ROBIN9 said:

    Hi,

    Is a Dura Ace chain compatible with Ultegra cassette / rings?

    Anyone know or have relative experience?

    Cheers!

    Sure and vice versa so long as you're talking 9speed to 9 speed or 10 speed to 10 speed.

  3. yep, I've been mixing the chains and cassettes for ages, but, as above, 9sp must go with 9, and 10 with 10.

    8, 7 and 6 can be mixed coz the chain and spacing are the same widths, but they can't be mixed with 9 or 10.

  4. I actually prefer Ultegra chains, BBs and cassettes due to their much lower price even though everything else on my bike is DA.

  5. capwater said:

    I actually prefer Ultegra chains, BBs and cassettes due to their much lower price even though everything else on my bike is DA.

    I do the same thing: I buy Ultegra for the fast-wearing stuff, such as hubs, cassettes and chains, but Dura-Ace for everything else.

    This is how I remember the 'history'🙂........correct me if I'm wrong

    they used the same chain width for a gazillion, years, right to 8 speed. Incidentally, when 7 and 8 speed came in they had to change the design of the hub body to the cassette style because too many axles were breaking -- I busted heaps of axles using 7 speed screw-on clusters. When 9 speed came by, they had to narrow the spacing (chain & cassette) because the chain-line would've otherwise been screwed up; same again for 10 speed.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.