Dura ace chain / connex link compatability

Pawko

Apr 30, 2004
Is there any reason why connex links are incompatible with 9 spd Dura ace chains , i'm using one on my current chain ( dura ace ) but it has always emitted a slight ticking sound on certain cogs which I have always put down to a worn freehub making the cogs run slightly out of true .As i'm about due to replace the chain and have a new freehub to fit i'm wondering whether to stick with the dura /connex combo or try a sram pc 89r that comes with it's own "powerlink" . Any advice ?

Pawko said:
Is there any reason why connex links are incompatible with 9 spd Dura ace chains , i'm using one on my current chain ( dura ace ) but it has always emitted a slight ticking sound on certain cogs which I have always put down to a worn freehub making the cogs run slightly out of true .As i'm about due to replace the chain and have a new freehub to fit i'm wondering whether to stick with the dura /connex combo or try a sram pc 89r that comes with it's own "powerlink" . Any advice ?
The connex link can be installed the wrong way. Nothing wrong with a shimano 9 chain and sram 9 link or a sram 9 chain either.They all work.

I found out the hard way about the wrong installation issue , couldn't use top gear in a time trial due to skipping under load - cost me a place finish .