Dura ace crank OR FSA Carbon ProTeam crank.

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by waki, May 3, 2003.

?

Dura Ace OR FSA Carbon Pro?

1. Dura Ace.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. FSA Pro Carbon.

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. waki

waki New Member

Thinking of upgrading my crank to FSA Carbon pro team issue crank from my Dura ace crank.Give me your views.Thanks.FSA website.

Tags:

2. MGSuarez

MGSuarez New Member

FSA is coming out with a super light version. Also they have another Version of there carbon crank coming out soon. Wait until they release there new stuff then decide.

3. waki

waki New Member

Thanks MG but i've got a mate who wants to get rid of it.

4. rv

rv New Member

not familiar with the crankset you're discussing, but you may have front derailleur shifting problems.

practically every bike mechanic I've talked with and everyone who has owned something different (crankset/chainrings) than shimano, has trouble getting the front shifting to be as precise, reliable, and snappy as with a shimano crankset.

just curious...is your friend going back to shimano?

5. waki

waki New Member

Hi rv,
    thanks for the reply,my mate he is goin' from shimano to campy :( anyways he had no problems using the fsa with the shimano front derailleur and couple of pro teams have been using this setup.

6. dirtrider

dirtrider New Member

I've been using an FSA Team Issue crankset for over eight months now with zero problems. Light, stiff, and very trick looking. I can't tell any difference in shifting from the Dura Ace crankset I used previously. FSA chainrings have ramps and pins for smooth shifting. The finish on the crankarms is a bit softer and greater care is required to prevent scuffs and scratches if that's something you care about. I put clear protective tape on the outer surfaces.