Dura-Ace Lever Malfuntion

TeamSpine

May 20, 2004
Just purchased a Felt F35 (Superb Bike) and had a problem with the right Dura- Ace shifter. It will shift down but not up. My mechanic was baffeled, and contacted Shimano. They told him it was most likely defective, and would need to be sent in to be replaced. Fine. The problem was that he was told it would be almost until December due to shortages. ****** off, I called Shimano and they suddenly changed thier minds, stating " Oh sure, send it in and we will replace it and ship it back. Our inventory we stock for warrenty problems is fine, it's the retail stock we have shortages in." Anyway, my mechanic seems to think they are jerking us around. Anybody else has similar problem, or had to return a warrentied item in the past few months since the "BIG SHIMANO SHORTAGE"????? If so, any problems or were they true to thier word?

Originally posted by TeamSpine
Just purchased a Felt F35 (Superb Bike) and had a problem with the right Dura- Ace shifter. It will shift down but not up. My mechanic was baffeled, and contacted Shimano. They told him it was most likely defective, and would need to be sent in to be replaced. Fine. The problem was that he was told it would be almost until December due to shortages. ****** off, I called Shimano and they suddenly changed thier minds, stating " Oh sure, send it in and we will replace it and ship it back. Our inventory we stock for warrenty problems is fine, it's the retail stock we have shortages in." Anyway, my mechanic seems to think they are jerking us around. Anybody else has similar problem, or had to return a warrentied item in the past few months since the "BIG SHIMANO SHORTAGE"????? If so, any problems or were they true to thier word?
So what's the beef? You are getting a new one quick. FWIW, there are shortages.

Originally posted by boudreaux

My question was- "Anybody else has similar problems with Dura-Ace levers, or had to return a warrentied item in the past few months since the "BIG SHIMANO SHORTAGE"????? If so, any problems or were they true to thier word?" AKA DID THEY RETURN THE PRODUCT???????

Originally posted by boudreaux

I've had two LBS tell me this past week that they are having really bad times getting 6500 (Ultegra) components recently, but ironically are fine on getting DA-10 (7800) stuff. So I take it that others are having problems getting the DA stuff still?