Dura Ace Pedals

slipinherstream

Apr 5, 2004
I just bought a pair of Dura Ace Pedals part PD7750 over Ebay. A couple of stupid questions?

1. Will the cleats fit in to Mountain Bike shoes or Am I now compelled to buy new shoes with the appriate clip?

2. How are they to get used to verse SPDs?

Thanks

Originally posted by slipinherstream
I just bought a pair of Dura Ace Pedals part PD7750 over Ebay. A couple of stupid questions?

1. Will the cleats fit in to Mountain Bike shoes or Am I now compelled to buy new shoes with the appriate clip?

2. How are they to get used to verse SPDs?

Thanks

I thought about buying a pair of these, but decided to stick with my M520's. Double sided entry without looking down and fiddling with the peddles was something I just couldn't break away from.

1. Probably not - the cleats use a 3-bolt mounting system and your mtb shoes are unlikely to have the holes needed to fit them.

2. The single-sided entry takes some getting used to, and road shoes tend to have very stiff soles that are harder to "feel" the pedal through, so while you're still getting used to the pedals you may have to look down to clip in. Also, it's pretty inconvenient to walk with the Dura-Ace SPD-SL cleats, much harder than with SPD ones.