Dura Ace rear derailleur

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Andrew Karre, Apr 24, 2003.

  1. Andrew Karre

    Andrew Karre Guest

    All right, there's a real live close up picture on Cyclingnews. Can anyone tell if it's top normal
    (Rapid Rise)? And can we assume that if Armstrong is running DA 10 in races he cares about, then he
    must be able to use Campy 10 rear wheels from neutral support, right?

    Interesting.

    Andrew Karre

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Andrew
    Karre) wrote:

    > All right, there's a real live close up picture on Cyclingnews. Can anyone tell if it's top normal
    > (Rapid Rise)? And can we assume that if Armstrong is running DA 10 in races he cares about, then
    > he must be able to use Campy 10 rear wheels from neutral support, right?
    >
    > Interesting. Andrew Karre

    That assumption would require that Campy 10v spacing be the same as the new Shimano 10v spacing. I
    don't think that is a safe assumption.

  3. Appkiller

    Appkiller Guest

    Fabs:

    The spacing difference between the 9v Campy and Shimano are so close already that one can, with
    reasonably good performance, use Campy wheels with a Shimano drivetrain (and vice-versa). As the
    spacing on the hub is not going to change, the spacing between cogs will. This means that the
    spacing differences will get even smaller, improving performance on mongrelized bikes.

    From all I have read, it IS a safe assumption.

    App

    Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Andrew
    > Karre) wrote:
    >
    > > All right, there's a real live close up picture on Cyclingnews. Can anyone tell if it's top
    > > normal (Rapid Rise)? And can we assume that if Armstrong is running DA 10 in races he cares
    > > about, then he must be able to use Campy 10 rear wheels from neutral support, right?
    > >
    > > Interesting. Andrew Karre
    >
    > That assumption would require that Campy 10v spacing be the same as the new Shimano 10v spacing. I
    > don't think that is a safe assumption.

  4. andrew-<< All right, there's a real live close up picture on Cyclingnews. Can anyone tell if it's
    top normal (Rapid Rise)?

    Looks like a normal DA 9s rear der with the cable under the bolt(backfire plus XTR has the cable
    above the bolt) and so much for the rumor that the shift cables are not hanging in the breeze...

  5. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Appkiller) wrote:

    > Fabs:

    Aiee! Have I really become him now? I thought my confession was a hoax!

    > The spacing difference between the 9v Campy and Shimano are so close already that one can, with
    > reasonably good performance, use Campy wheels with a Shimano drivetrain (and vice-versa). As the
    > spacing on the hub is not going to change, the spacing between cogs will. This means that the
    > spacing differences will get even smaller, improving performance on mongrelized bikes.
    >
    > From all I have read, it IS a safe assumption.

    Interesting. Well, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, as the saying goes. We'll all know in
    a few weeks or months when someone gets ahold of some Dura-Ace 10 in the wild.

    > App
    >
    > Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote in message

    > > That assumption would require that Campy 10v spacing be the same as the new Shimano 10v spacing.
    > > I don't think that is a safe assumption.

    I am Spartacus! I mean, Fabrizio!