Dura Ace shift lever

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by [email protected], Aug 21, 2005.

  1. The inside right shift lever on my 4 year old DA shifter takes a lot of
    pressure and movement to downshift the cogs on the rear cassette. The
    shifters have almost 17000 mi on them without any maintenence. Any
    simple fixes to cure this minor irritant. (Please, no suggestions to
    switch to Campy, I am unemployed)
    Bill

    Tags:

  2. <[email protected]> wrote:
    > The inside right shift lever on my 4 year old DA shifter takes a lot of
    > pressure and movement to downshift the cogs on the rear cassette. The
    > shifters have almost 17000 mi on them without any maintenence. Any
    > simple fixes to cure this minor irritant. (Please, no suggestions to
    > switch to Campy, I am unemployed)

    The small inside lever upshifts.

    See if the cable is kinked or binding. You could try new cables and
    housings, including the small housing near the derailleur. Make sure the
    cable guide under the BB is clean and lubed. Use good quality 5mm SIS
    housing, and good quality cables.

    If that doesn't help, try flushing the lever with WD-40. Not much else you
    can do.

    Art Harris