Dura Ace STI 8sp hood....where to find?

Tech72

Nov 29, 2003
I was away on a business trip the past couple of weeks. My nephew came over for a visit and decided to take my winter training bike (Merckx Corsa Extra with 8sp Dura Ace) for a "cyclo-cross" adventure. Well, to get to the point, he either took a tumble or just when nuts in the woods, because I found the bike caked in mud and the hood on the right side STI lever is torn to shreads......So I have two questions. First, where can I find replacement hoods for Dura Ace 8sp STI levers? I've searched ebay, Loosescrews, classifieds sections in cycling websites, etc. with no luck. I realize the levers are old vintage but surely someone has DA 8sp STI hoods out there. Please advise if you know of a source. The second question is, what should I do with the nephew? The little sh*t took my ride without permission, banged it up and left the building! Next time I see him, I'm wringing his neck! Is this the right approach? It's a good thing he didn't take my C'dale Six13 or LOOK 381 for the same trek in the woods or there will be hell to pay......

Nursing my Corsa back to life,
T72

Tech72 said:
I was away on a business trip the past couple of weeks. My nephew came over for a visit and decided to take my winter training bike (Merckx Corsa Extra with 8sp Dura Ace) for a "cyclo-cross" adventure. Well, to get to the point, he either took a tumble or just when nuts in the woods, because I found the bike caked in mud and the hood on the right side STI lever is torn to shreads......So I have two questions. First, where can I find replacement hoods for Dura Ace 8sp STI levers? I've searched ebay, Loosescrews, classifieds sections in cycling websites, etc. with no luck. I realize the levers are old vintage but surely someone has DA 8sp STI hoods out there. Please advise if you know of a source. The second question is, what should I do with the nephew? The little sh*t took my ride without permission, banged it up and left the building! Next time I see him, I'm wringing his neck! Is this the right approach? It's a good thing he didn't take my C'dale Six13 or LOOK 381 for the same trek in the woods or there will be hell to pay......

Nursing my Corsa back to life,
T72
These guy's normally have carried them:
http://www.loosescrews.com/Products/SH-88B9801.html
BUT: They currently only show the white ones:
http://www.loosescrews.com/index.cg...ever Hoods&item_id=SH-88B9802&id=643212416446
as being in stock.