Dura-ace triple front derailleur symptom. Cause?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by 1boardhead, Jun 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1boardhead

1boardhead Guest

I have a Dura-ace triple front derailleur which will drop all the way from the large chain ring to
    the small at times. This happens when trying to trim the cage as far outside as it will go in order
    to accommodate the Large/small combination. If I push too hard to trim, the next time I try to shift
    to the middle chain ring, it will dump all the way to the small. I can usually prevent this by not
    pushing too hard to trim. If I adjust the high limit screw out, the chain will rub on the inside of
    the cage when trimmed. How can I get rid of this quirk?

Robert

Tags:

2. 1boardhead-<< I have a Dura-ace triple front derailleur which will drop all the way from the large
    chain ring to the small at times. This happens when trying to trim the cage as far outside as it
    will go in order to accommodate the Large/small combination. If I push too hard to trim, the next
    time I try to shift to the middle chain ring, it will dump all the way to the small. I can usually
    prevent this by not pushing too hard to trim. If I adjust the high limit screw out, the chain will
    rub on the inside of the cage when trimmed. How can I get rid of this quirk? >><BR><BR>

Campagnolo?? Just kidding-ensure the limit screw for inward travel is correct( to eliminate rubbing
    in big ring and smallest cog)...and then make the inner wire just a teeny bit slack when in small
    ring position...just a wee bit and the trim seems to work better on this very finisky system.

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.