DuraAce-Ultegra shifting difference?

Checkerpig

Guest
Hello, Is there any difference in shifting (rear gears) between ultegra and dura ace? On dura ace I
have to use two fingers, one to hold the brake, middle finger to shift to higher gear. I wasn't
like that on my Ultegra: just push the lever behind the brake with one finger and done. The guy who
sold me the bike told me dura ace does it like this so you don't accidentally shift up. Could it
just be the shifter is worn out. Its only a year old! Can you wear out a DA shifter in a year?
Cheers, Stephen

Sound like something is stuck. I think there is a protective cover over the winding mechanism that
may not be positioned correctly. You have to remove the outer cover to get to it.

news:[email protected]...