Durable outdoor Cycle cover

Carolyn

Guest
Hi all

I hope someone can help out here- I have a very small back yard boredered by an aleyway
where I currently store my motorbike, and where I hope to put my new bike-Specialized
Crossroads Sport-when it arrives soon.
I would like a decent cover for this which doesnt look like it will rip or blow away, so
many
look like they would do these days.Can anyone recommend a maker anywhere-I have looked
at Topeak ones (look too thin} and VK Pajama ones (ditto).. I might even have to buy
another
Motorbike cover if I cant find a cycle one.. The kind I would like is similar to the
anonymous B & Q
garden bench or BBQ cover material, treated PVC with eyelets/velcro, but perhaps I`m
wishing for
the impossible or impractical?? Ideally I`d also like to be able to mount the bike on a
wall rack of
some sort at the same time..Just thought it would be less tempting to anybody peeking over
the wall
at the covers if it looked like a `garden` cover as opposed to a bike cover..
Any ideas or personal recommendations?

TIA

--
Carolyn

On Sun, 14 May 2006 18:23:36 +0100, "Carolyn"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>I have a very small back yard boredered by an aleyway
>where I currently store my motorbike, and where I hope to put my new bike
>Specialized Crossroads Sport-when it arrives soon.

I wouldn't like to keep any bike out in the open nowadays, there are
thieves, and they'll be happy to relieve you of your shiny new steed.
You really can't squeeze it into the house somewhere?

>I would like a decent cover for this which doesnt look like it will rip or blow away, so
>manylook like they would do these days.Can anyone recommend a maker anywhere

>The kind I would like is
>similar to the anonymous B & Q garden bench or BBQ cover material

Lidl are selling something next Monday which might be useful, cheap
and cheerful at £2.99

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060522.p.Plastic_Protective_Cover

"Bob"

Call me Bob wrote:
> On Sun, 14 May 2006 18:23:36 +0100, "Carolyn"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>> I have a very small back yard boredered by an aleyway
>> where I currently store my motorbike, and where I hope to put my new
>> bike
>> Specialized Crossroads Sport-when it arrives soon.

> I wouldn't like to keep any bike out in the open nowadays, there are
> thieves, and they'll be happy to relieve you of your shiny new steed.
> You really can't squeeze it into the house somewhere?
>
>> I would like a decent cover for this which doesnt look like it will
>> rip or blow away, so manylook like they would do these days.Can
>> anyone recommend a maker anywhere

>> The kind I would like is
>> similar to the anonymous B & Q garden bench or BBQ cover material

> Lidl are selling something next Monday which might be useful, cheap
> and cheerful at £2.99
>
> http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060522.p.Plastic_Protective_Cover
>
> "Bob"

Thanks Bob

I`m coming round to the conclusion that I will have to store it along the wall in my
kitchen, to be on the safe side..At least I have a bit of room there and as you say, peace
of mind.. Far less hassle than covering it up/chaining to a drainpipe, etc.

thanks again

--
Carolyn
Put the dog out to reply