Durham congestion charging and recumbent trikes

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Colin Blackburn, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was running in Durham this lunchtime and I passed a guy on a recumbent trike emerging from Saddler
    Street and heading towards the congestion charging barrier. Unfortunately, I was going the other way
    so I didn't se him leave the CC area but I did wonder if the trike would fit between the barriers
    and the rising bollard. Could be nasty!

Colin
    --

Tags:

2. Carol Hague

Carol Hague Guest

Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:

> I was running in Durham this lunchtime and I passed a guy on a recumbent trike emerging from
    > Saddler Street and heading towards the congestion charging barrier. Unfortunately, I was going the
    > other way so I didn't se him leave the CC area but I did wonder if the trike would fit between the
    > barriers and the rising bollard. Could be nasty!

A friend of ours in York was passing a rising bollard thingy on his recumbent trike (following a
    bus) and the bollard came up underneath him.

IIRC he wasn't hurt , but it bent one of his track rods (oo-er missus!)

--
    Carol Hague "You can't run away forever - but there's nothing wrong with getting a good
    head start..."
    - Jim Steinman, "Rock 'n' Roll Dreams Come Through"

3. Carol Hague

Carol Hague Guest

> I was running in Durham this lunchtime and I passed a guy on a recumbent trike emerging from
    > Saddler Street and heading towards the congestion charging barrier. Unfortunately, I was going the
    > other way so I didn't se him leave the CC area but I did wonder if the trike would fit between the

A friend of ours in York was passing a rising bollard thingy on his recumbent trike (following a

--
    Carol Hague "You can't run away forever - but there's nothing wrong with getting a good
    head start..."

4. Carol Hague

Carol Hague Guest

--
    head start..."

5. David Hansen

David Hansen Guest

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:17:27 +0000 someone who may be [email protected] (Carol Hague) wrote this:-

>A friend of ours in York was passing a rising bollard thingy on his recumbent trike (following a
    >bus) and the bollard came up underneath him.
    >
    >IIRC he wasn't hurt , but it bent one of his track rods (oo-er missus!)

No doubt the claim for compensation has already been delivered to the council.

--
    David Hansen, Edinburgh | PGP email preferred-key number F566DA0E I will always explain revoked
    keys, unless the UK government prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.

6. David Hansen

David Hansen Guest

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:17:27 +0000 someone who may be [email protected] (Carol Hague) wrote this:-

>A friend of ours in York was passing a rising bollard thingy on his recumbent trike (following a
    >

--
    David Hansen, Edinburgh | PGP email preferred-key number F566DA0E I will always explain revoked

7. David Hansen

David Hansen Guest

>

--

8. Carol Hague

Carol Hague Guest

David Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:17:27 +0000 someone who may be [email protected] (Carol Hague) wrote this:-
    >
    > >A friend of ours in York was passing a rising bollard thingy on his recumbent trike (following a
    > >bus) and the bollard came up underneath him.
    > >
    > >IIRC he wasn't hurt , but it bent one of his track rods (oo-er missus!)
    >
    > No doubt the claim for compensation has already been delivered to the council.

I know not. It was some time ago in any case.

--
    Carol Hague "The glassblower's cat is bompstable"
    - Dorothy L. Sayers, _Clouds of Witness_

9. Carol Hague

Carol Hague Guest

> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:17:27 +0000 someone who may be [email protected] (Carol Hague) wrote this:-
    >
    > >A friend of ours in York was passing a rising bollard thingy on his recumbent trike (following a
    > >
    >
    > No doubt the claim for compensation has already been delivered to the council.

--

10. Carol Hague

Carol Hague Guest

>
    > >
    >

--

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.