Durham congestion charging and recumbent trikes

• Thread starter Colin Blackburn
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin Blackburn

I was running in Durham this lunchtime and I passed a guy on a recumbent trike emerging from Saddler
Street and heading towards the congestion charging barrier. Unfortunately, I was going the other way
so I didn't se him leave the CC area but I did wonder if the trike would fit between the barriers
and the rising bollard. Could be nasty!

Colin
--

Colin Blackburn <[email protected]> wrote:

> I was running in Durham this lunchtime and I passed a guy on a recumbent trike emerging from
> Saddler Street and heading towards the congestion charging barrier. Unfortunately, I was going the
> other way so I didn't se him leave the CC area but I did wonder if the trike would fit between the
> barriers and the rising bollard. Could be nasty!

A friend of ours in York was passing a rising bollard thingy on his recumbent trike (following a
bus) and the bollard came up underneath him.

IIRC he wasn't hurt , but it bent one of his track rods (oo-er missus!)

--
Carol Hague "You can't run away forever - but there's nothing wrong with getting a good
head start..."
- Jim Steinman, "Rock 'n' Roll Dreams Come Through"

> I was running in Durham this lunchtime and I passed a guy on a recumbent trike emerging from
> Saddler Street and heading towards the congestion charging barrier. Unfortunately, I was going the
> other way so I didn't se him leave the CC area but I did wonder if the trike would fit between the

A friend of ours in York was passing a rising bollard thingy on his recumbent trike (following a

--
Carol Hague "You can't run away forever - but there's nothing wrong with getting a good
head start..."

--
head start..."

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:17:27 +0000 someone who may be [email protected] (Carol Hague) wrote this:-

>A friend of ours in York was passing a rising bollard thingy on his recumbent trike (following a
>bus) and the bollard came up underneath him.
>
>IIRC he wasn't hurt , but it bent one of his track rods (oo-er missus!)

No doubt the claim for compensation has already been delivered to the council.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh | PGP email preferred-key number F566DA0E I will always explain revoked
keys, unless the UK government prevents me using the RIP Act 2000.

On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:17:27 +0000 someone who may be [email protected] (Carol Hague) wrote this:-

>A friend of ours in York was passing a rising bollard thingy on his recumbent trike (following a
>

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh | PGP email preferred-key number F566DA0E I will always explain revoked

>

--

David Hansen <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:17:27 +0000 someone who may be [email protected] (Carol Hague) wrote this:-
>
> >A friend of ours in York was passing a rising bollard thingy on his recumbent trike (following a
> >bus) and the bollard came up underneath him.
> >
> >IIRC he wasn't hurt , but it bent one of his track rods (oo-er missus!)
>
> No doubt the claim for compensation has already been delivered to the council.

I know not. It was some time ago in any case.

--
Carol Hague "The glassblower's cat is bompstable"
- Dorothy L. Sayers, _Clouds of Witness_

> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 18:17:27 +0000 someone who may be [email protected] (Carol Hague) wrote this:-
>
> >A friend of ours in York was passing a rising bollard thingy on his recumbent trike (following a
> >
>
> No doubt the claim for compensation has already been delivered to the council.

--

>
> >
>

--

Status
Not open for further replies.