Dusted off the single speed !

zipp2001

Mar 30, 2007
It's been awhile that I've taken the singles speed out for a good ride. So I figured I would visit the Nashua River Rail Trail on my half day Friday and the single speed would get to go play with me.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHtQHrBmDIU

Reactions: Chuckabutty
Looks like a jolly nice ride. Some beautiful country, there. We have a 38 miles trail which was once a railroad, and is now only for bikes, hikers and joggers. It's about twice as wide as the one you rode on. I enjoy riding a part of it during the cooler winter months of Florida, but I think it would be risky in the summer with temps in the upper 90s.

I haven't ridden a single speed bike since I was a kid, and am not sure I'd want one now that I've gotten used to twenty gears to satisfy my gearly lusts. ;)

Looks like a jolly nice ride. Some beautiful country, there. We have a 38 miles trail which was once a railroad, and is now only for bikes, hikers and joggers. It's about twice as wide as the one you rode on. I enjoy riding a part of it during the cooler winter months of Florida, but I think it would be risky in the summer with temps in the upper 90s.

I haven't ridden a single speed bike since I was a kid, and am not sure I'd want one now that I've gotten used to twenty gears to satisfy my gearly lusts. ;)

This trail is super crazy on the weekends so I won't even come near it. If the temp gets up into the 90.s the trail would be light and I'll hit it then also. I love riding when it's hot and humid the legs always run harder in hotter temps.
It's fun taking the single speed out every now and then but the road, mountain, and time trail bike are always getting ridden more.

This trail is super crazy on the weekends so I won't even come near it.
The Pinellas trail, here, is crazy on weekends, too. I'm retired so I can ride it during the week. I have to ride about nine miles to get to it, unless I hitch the bike on the back of the car. I prefer to ride but I don't think I'm up to all 38 miles of it, not at the age of 72, and on a fat bike.