Dutch Mafia?

B. Lafferty wrote:
> "It was a Dutch expert who dealt with the matter, the same nationality as
> the former president of the International Cycling Union. Hein Verbruggen
> still controls the UCI family. It's a mafia," Pitallier said

Is that guilt or collusion by (free) association?

"RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>> "It was a Dutch expert who dealt with the matter, the same nationality as
>> the former president of the International Cycling Union. Hein Verbruggen
>> still controls the UCI family. It's a mafia," Pitallier said

> Is that guilt or collusion by (free) association?

Just an old man with many years involvement in cycling speaking his informed
opinion.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> "RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> > B. Lafferty wrote:
> >> "It was a Dutch expert who dealt with the matter, the same nationality as
> >> the former president of the International Cycling Union. Hein Verbruggen
> >> still controls the UCI family. It's a mafia," Pitallier said

> > Is that guilt or collusion by (free) association?

> Just an old man with many years involvement in cycling speaking his informed
> opinion.

Or a chauvinistic old man with an axe to grind. It's all about the
perspective.

RicodJour wrote:
> B. Lafferty wrote:

> > > Is that guilt or collusion by (free) association?

> > Just an old man with many years involvement in cycling speaking his informed
> > opinion.

> Or a chauvinistic old man with an axe to grind. It's all about the
> perspective.

Well, VerDRUGgen did start his sport admin. career with Mars-Flandria,
the team of Maertens, Pollentier, and the De Vlaeminck brothers, all
with positive dope tests. He also headed the FICP when they avoided
adding probenicid to the FICP banned list for a year, giving Delgado a
get-out-of-jail-card for his positve test in the '88 tour. He went on
to deny the EPO- dead rider connection in the early 90's, downplay the
Festina scandal and attack the authorities in Italy for their
enforcement habits. Just coincidences?

"mtb Dad" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> RicodJour wrote:
>> B. Lafferty wrote:

>> > Just an old man with many years involvement in cycling speaking his
>> > informed
>> > opinion.

>> Or a chauvinistic old man with an axe to grind. It's all about the
>> perspective.

> Well, VerDRUGgen did start his sport admin. career with Mars-Flandria,
> the team of Maertens, Pollentier, and the De Vlaeminck brothers, all
> with positive dope tests. He also headed the FICP when they avoided
> adding probenicid to the FICP banned list for a year, giving Delgado a
> get-out-of-jail-card for his positve test in the '88 tour. He went on
> to deny the EPO- dead rider connection in the early 90's, downplay the
> Festina scandal and attack the authorities in Italy for their
> enforcement habits. Just coincidences?

Well stated. Bravo.

mtb Dad wrote:
> RicodJour wrote:
> > B. Lafferty wrote:

> > > Just an old man with many years involvement in cycling speaking his informed
> > > opinion.

> > Or a chauvinistic old man with an axe to grind. It's all about the
> > perspective.

> Well, VerDRUGgen did start his sport admin. career with Mars-Flandria,
> the team of Maertens, Pollentier, and the De Vlaeminck brothers, all
> with positive dope tests. He also headed the FICP when they avoided
> adding probenicid to the FICP banned list for a year, giving Delgado a
> get-out-of-jail-card for his positve test in the '88 tour. He went on
> to deny the EPO- dead rider connection in the early 90's, downplay the
> Festina scandal and attack the authorities in Italy for their
> enforcement habits. Just coincidences?

I commented on Pitallier's statement, which alluded to a Dutch
conspiracy with inflammatory references to organized crime. A
guaranteed method to stoke some flames in the furnaces of the feeble,
which is exactly his intention.

"RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:

>> > Is that guilt or collusion by (free) association?

>> Just an old man with many years involvement in cycling speaking his
>> informed
>> opinion.

> Or a chauvinistic old man with an axe to grind. It's all about the
> perspective.

Had they been Jews and Pitallier made that statement the sh*t woulda hit the
fan. It's just easier to generalize about nationality in some places than
others.

"Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> "RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> B. Lafferty wrote:

>>> Just an old man with many years involvement in cycling speaking his
>>> informed
>>> opinion.

>> Or a chauvinistic old man with an axe to grind. It's all about the
>> perspective.

> Had they been Jews and Pitallier made that statement the sh*t woulda hit
> the fan.

Of course, they're not Jews and Pitallier was specifically referencing a
consiracy of Dutchmen involving Hein Vergruggen and Verbruggen's
unilaterally selected "independent" investigator. Pitallier didn't make a
comment about the Dutch people.

> It's just easier to generalize about nationality in some places than
> others.

"Tim Lines" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>> "It was a Dutch expert who dealt with the matter, the same nationality as
>> the former president of the International Cycling Union. Hein Verbruggen
>> still controls the UCI family. It's a mafia," Pitallier said
>> http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/2006061...zPFOrgF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--
>>

> So Pound is buried beneath Giants Stadium? That's nice!

No. He'll be buried under the new Yankee Stadium sacrilege.

> "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> "RicodJour" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...

>>> Or a chauvinistic old man with an axe to grind. It's all about the
>>> perspective.

>> Had they been Jews and Pitallier made that statement the sh*t woulda hit
>> the fan.

> Of course, they're not Jews and Pitallier was specifically referencing a
> consiracy of Dutchmen involving Hein Vergruggen and Verbruggen's
> unilaterally selected "independent" investigator. Pitallier didn't make a
> comment about the Dutch people.

Besides, here in Holland we're only flattered that foreigners are thinking
we have a mafia of our own.

Benjo

B. Lafferty wrote:
> Of course, they're not Jews and Pitallier was specifically referencing a
> consiracy of Dutchmen involving Hein Vergruggen and Verbruggen's
> unilaterally selected "independent" investigator. Pitallier didn't make a
> comment about the Dutch people.

Pity, I was hoping I'd be able to contact Ewoud next time I need to put
out a contract on someone in rbr.

"Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> B. Lafferty wrote:
>> Of course, they're not Jews and Pitallier was specifically referencing a
>> consiracy of Dutchmen involving Hein Vergruggen and Verbruggen's
>> unilaterally selected "independent" investigator. Pitallier didn't make
>> comment about the Dutch people.

> Pity, I was hoping I'd be able to contact Ewoud next time I need to put
> out a contract on someone in rbr.

I have a phone number in Brooklyn.

B. Lafferty schreef:
> "Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Pity, I was hoping I'd be able to contact Ewoud next time I need to put
>> out a contract on someone in rbr.

> I have a phone number in Brooklyn.

I have one in Breukelen. It's good. They (also) do take-out chinese.

--
E. Dronkert

> B. Lafferty schreef:
>> "Donald Munro" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Pity, I was hoping I'd be able to contact Ewoud next time I need to put
>>> out a contract on someone in rbr.

>> I have a phone number in Brooklyn.

> I have one in Breukelen. It's good. They (also) do take-out chinese.
>
> --
> E. Dronkert

The one in Brooklyn does take out only.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

> I have one in Breukelen. It's good. They (also) do take-out chinese.

The others don't take out Chinese? Wow, the hit men in your country are
pretty specialized.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> The one in Brooklyn does take out only.

I assume you're still saving up for a hit on Kunich.

B. Lafferty wrote:
> "Jim Flom" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> >> Or a chauvinistic old man with an axe to grind. It's all about the
> >> perspective.

> > Had they been Jews and Pitallier made that statement the sh*t woulda hit
> > the fan.

> Of course, they're not Jews and Pitallier was specifically referencing a
> consiracy of Dutchmen involving Hein Vergruggen and Verbruggen's
> unilaterally selected "independent" investigator. Pitallier didn't make a
> comment about the Dutch people.

Right, and when LANCE complains about L'Equipe, the
LNDD, and the French media being out to get him, he's
talking about a specific conspiracy of people who happen
to be French, not insulting the French in general.
So it's all squared away and everyone is even.

B. Lafferty wrote:

> Of course they're not Jews and Pitallier was specifically referencing a
> consiracy of Dutchmen

There are no Dutch Jews...? I know the French Jews are into gold and
relatively rare - hence au jus. ;)