Dutchy's incredible warehouse (shed) clearance!

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by flyingdutch, Apr 10, 2006.

  1. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    EVERYTHNG MUST GO!!!
    <insert unreadable all-caps graphics here>
    <scream some more> <etc>

    Gotta make some room, so on offer for negotiable minimal fee (wine, other bike bits?) are:

    Repco Superlite 54cm toptube. ready to ride. was a mates and he rode it about 10 times way back when... Aero levers, DTshifters, Biopace etc

    'Another roadframe' (cant remember brand?) 55cm(ish) toptube, 271/4 wheels and all relevant bits...

    i need some new tyres for wintertrainer and SS project so
    EVERYTHNG MUST GO!!!

    PS come and marvel at my newly made shadow board for tools.
    Sadly no couch or beer fridge :(

    Tags:

  2. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-11, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

    > EVERYTHNG MUST GO!!!
    > <insert unreadable all-caps graphics here>
    > <scream some more> <etc>
    >
    > Gotta make some room, so on offer for negotiable minimal fee (wine,
    > other bike bits?) are:
    >
    > Repco Superlite 54cm toptube. ready to ride. was a mates and he rode it
    > about 10 times way back when... Aero levers, DTshifters, Biopace etc

    fixie candidate?

    If so, I bags!

    --
    TimC
    "Does bacteria culture in coffee cup qualify as pet? Have already

  3. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Do you do swaps for homebrew or is this offer only for parts?

  4. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    'Maybe' :D

    extensive taste-testing shall be required to ensure it meets
    ISO-FD 9000kg-and-growing standards

  5. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700
    you DO realise you can still fall off a fixie, right Tim? :rolleyes: :D

    Flying"LowBlow"Dutch

  6. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-11, flyingdutch (aka Bruce)

    > TimC Wrote:
    >>
    >> fixie candidate?
    >>
    >> If so, I bags!
    >>

    > you DO realise you can still fall off a fixie, right Tim? :rolleyes:
    >:D
    >
    > Flying"LowBlow"Dutch

    Heh.

    I picked up resounds fixie this afternoon -- he's going away for the
    weekend, and I was thinking about attending FR5 (at the back of the
    bunch for all you types that are nervous about a little road rash --
    I'll promise I won't take anyone else down :)

    Just a little hickup as soon as I tried to clip in my second foot --
    oh yeah, gotta do that while spinning.

    Spinned (span?) down high street, then up, then down glenferrie road.
    Took the spinning quite easily, but I tried to coast once and it got a
    little bumpy for 2 or so crank revolutions -- the bike reminded me to
    relax.

    Still can't trackstand, nor ride backwards -- I was clipped in, and
    didn't want to fall in front of the tram.

    Avoided the brakes for one or two lights that I had plenty of warning
    for -- gee, a lot of effort to slow down only marginally!

    Resound -- your bike remains completely unscratched at this stage :)
    Looking forward to the (slow, careful) trip home.

    --
    TimC
    > So, what do *you* do for a living?

    I sit in a chair, pressing small plastic rectangles with my fingers
    while peering at many tiny, colored dots. -- Peter Manders

  7. Tamyka Bell

    Tamyka Bell Guest

    TimC wrote:
    > Heh.
    >
    > I picked up resounds fixie this afternoon -- he's going away for the
    > weekend, and I was thinking about attending FR5 (at the back of the
    > bunch for all you types that are nervous about a little road rash --
    > I'll promise I won't take anyone else down :)
    >
    > Just a little hickup as soon as I tried to clip in my second foot --
    > oh yeah, gotta do that while spinning.
    >
    > Spinned (span?) down high street, then up, then down glenferrie road.
    > Took the spinning quite easily, but I tried to coast once and it got a
    > little bumpy for 2 or so crank revolutions -- the bike reminded me to
    > relax.
    >
    > Still can't trackstand, nor ride backwards -- I was clipped in, and
    > didn't want to fall in front of the tram.
    >
    > Avoided the brakes for one or two lights that I had plenty of warning
    > for -- gee, a lot of effort to slow down only marginally!
    >
    > Resound -- your bike remains completely unscratched at this stage :)
    > Looking forward to the (slow, careful) trip home.

    Aaahhhh, the beauty of having one's first fixie experience at a
    velodrome... the hill in the right spot to help slow you down, the
    railing to grab onto while clipping in and unclipping... *sigh* the
    beauty...

    Tam

  8. JayWoo

    JayWoo New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 8, 2004
    Bunch?! It's just you & me @ this stage going by all the pikers on the FR5 post:rolleyes:

    That's a given for the 1st couple-a-rides:)

  9. flyingdutch

    flyingdutch New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2004
    Messages:
    5,700

    oooh! waddeye miss?
    when/who/where?

    Flying"i bags the best ever muffins"Dutch :D:D

  10. Resound

    Resound Guest

    > Heh.
    >
    > I picked up resounds fixie this afternoon -- he's going away for the
    > weekend, and I was thinking about attending FR5 (at the back of the
    > bunch for all you types that are nervous about a little road rash --
    > I'll promise I won't take anyone else down :)
    >
    > Just a little hickup as soon as I tried to clip in my second foot --
    > oh yeah, gotta do that while spinning.
    >
    > Spinned (span?) down high street, then up, then down glenferrie road.
    > Took the spinning quite easily, but I tried to coast once and it got a
    > little bumpy for 2 or so crank revolutions -- the bike reminded me to
    > relax.
    >
    > Still can't trackstand, nor ride backwards -- I was clipped in, and
    > didn't want to fall in front of the tram.
    >
    > Avoided the brakes for one or two lights that I had plenty of warning
    > for -- gee, a lot of effort to slow down only marginally!
    >
    > Resound -- your bike remains completely unscratched at this stage :)
    > Looking forward to the (slow, careful) trip home.

    Wow...how did you manage to get it into an unscratched state?

  11. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher Guest

    JayWoo wrote:
    > TimC Wrote:
    > >
    > > I picked up resounds fixie this afternoon -- he's going away for the
    > > weekend, and I was thinking about attending FR5 (at the back of the
    > > bunch for all you types that are nervous about a little road rash --
    > > I'll promise I won't take anyone else down :)Bunch?! It's just you & me @ this stage going by all the pikers on the

    > FR5 post:rolleyes:
    >
    > TimC Wrote:
    > >
    > > ... but I tried to coast once and it got a little bumpy for 2 or so
    > > crank revolutions -- the bike reminded me to relax. That's a given for the 1st couple-a-rides:)

    > --
    > JayWoo

    FR5 Post - Where? WHen? etc.....

  12. DaveB

    DaveB Guest

    JayWoo wrote:
    > TimC Wrote:
    >
    >>I picked up resounds fixie this afternoon -- he's going away for the
    >>weekend, and I was thinking about attending FR5 (at the back of the
    >>bunch for all you types that are nervous about a little road rash --
    >>I'll promise I won't take anyone else down :)Bunch?! It's just you & me @ this stage going by all the pikers on the

    > FR5 post:rolleyes:
    >
    > TimC Wrote:
    >
    >>... but I tried to coast once and it got a little bumpy for 2 or so
    >>crank revolutions -- the bike reminded me to relax. That's a given for the 1st couple-a-rides:)

    I'd attend but with SS setup for stoopid Bulleen hills (39x18) I reckon
    I'd be dropped very early, or need cadence near 200. Must get around to
    building a "spare" SS for flat riding.

    DaveB "not enough bikes in shed"

  13. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-11, PiledHigher (aka Bruce)

    > JayWoo wrote:
    >> TimC Wrote:
    >> >
    >> > I picked up resounds fixie this afternoon -- he's going away for the
    >> > weekend, and I was thinking about attending FR5 (at the back of the
    >> > bunch for all you types that are nervous about a little road rash --
    >> > I'll promise I won't take anyone else down :)Bunch?! It's just you & me @ this stage going by all the pikers on the

    >> FR5 post:rolleyes:
    >>
    >> TimC Wrote:
    >> >
    >> > ... but I tried to coast once and it got a little bumpy for 2 or so
    >> > crank revolutions -- the bike reminded me to relax. That's a given for the 1st couple-a-rides:)

    > FR5 Post - Where? WHen? etc.....

    http://www.google.com/[email protected]

    http://groups.google.com/group/aus.bicycle/browse_frm/thread/15a0ea33de04d787/259a0e3676961491

    Complete with post by a drunken TimC, well and truly after I should
    have gone to bed. But hey, it earned me a lend of a fixie :)

    --
    TimC
    'Vegetarian' -- it's an old Indian word meaning 'lousy hunter'.

  14. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-11, DaveB (aka Bruce)
    > JayWoo wrote:
    >> TimC Wrote:
    >>
    >>>I picked up resounds fixie this afternoon -- he's going away for the
    >>>weekend, and I was thinking about attending FR5 (at the back of the
    >>>bunch for all you types that are nervous about a little road rash --
    >>>I'll promise I won't take anyone else down :)Bunch?! It's just you & me @ this stage going by all the pikers on the

    >> FR5 post:rolleyes:
    >>
    >> TimC Wrote:
    >>
    >>>... but I tried to coast once and it got a little bumpy for 2 or so
    >>>crank revolutions -- the bike reminded me to relax. That's a given for the 1st couple-a-rides:)

    > I'd attend but with SS setup for stoopid Bulleen hills (39x18) I reckon
    > I'd be dropped very early, or need cadence near 200. Must get around to
    > building a "spare" SS for flat riding.

    How does 65" compare to everyone else on these rides?
    (where's that comment about things down pants?)
    (did anyone else think that Team Hurl celluloidcycles movie was a
    little too graphic?)

    --
    TimC
    "I used to be better at logic problems, before I just dumped

  15. Resound

    Resound Guest

    "TimC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected].
    > On 2006-04-11, DaveB (aka Bruce)
    >> JayWoo wrote:

    >>> FR5 post:rolleyes:

    >> I'd attend but with SS setup for stoopid Bulleen hills (39x18) I reckon
    >> I'd be dropped very early, or need cadence near 200. Must get around to
    >> building a "spare" SS for flat riding.

    > How does 65" compare to everyone else on these rides?
    > (where's that comment about things down pants?)
    > (did anyone else think that Team Hurl celluloidcycles movie was a
    > little too graphic?)
    >
    > --
    > TimC
    > "I used to be better at logic problems, before I just dumped
    > them all into TeX and let Knuth pick out the survivors."
    > -- Plorkwort, 26 September 2004 on alt.religion.kibology

    70" is generally the benchmark for the generic street fixie. Still you're
    only down about 7%. It'll be character (and cadence) building.

  16. dej

    dej Guest

    "TimC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected].
    > On 2006-04-11, DaveB (aka Bruce)
    >> JayWoo wrote:

    >>> FR5 post:rolleyes:

    >> I'd attend but with SS setup for stoopid Bulleen hills (39x18) I reckon
    >> I'd be dropped very early, or need cadence near 200. Must get around to
    >> building a "spare" SS for flat riding.

    > How does 65" compare to everyone else on these rides?

    running 75.1" (40x14) on my fixie..gets me up and down the hills along
    riversdale road..
    the legs really start hurting later in the week tho:)
    max speed is 66kph, max cadence is 177

  17. Rory Williams

    Rory Williams New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 3, 2003
    I may be able to make it if I can get some work done on one or other of my projects. Currently 1 with no brakes at all, and another with no lock-ring (people thought I was being facetious with the comment about antique french lock rings a while back didn't they) - its a Normandy double sided hub, I may be able to set it up SS, but it still needs a bit more truing.

    I'll see what can be done

    RoryW

  18. SuzieB

    SuzieB New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 15, 2005
    LOL They did blur that bit Tim! I found it quite amusing. I thought the dog hurling was worse. :p

  19. TimC

    TimC Guest

    On 2006-04-11, SuzieB (aka Bruce)

    > TimC Wrote:
    >>
    >> How does 65" compare to everyone else on these rides?
    >> (where's that comment about things down pants?)
    >> (did anyone else think that Team Hurl celluloidcycles movie was a
    >> little too graphic?)

    > LOL They did blur that bit Tim! I found it quite amusing. I thought
    > the dog hurling was worse. :p

    You could see a detailed outline (ie, not just shaft) from a distance
    away before they zoomed in and blurred.

    What do you mean I was looking too closely if I noticed this?! It was
    a big screen, OK!?

    (TimC, who probably himself has let his "enthusiasm" visible once or
    twice too often)

    --
    TimC
    I am not a number. I'm a Free NaN. -- Chris Reuter in ARK

  20. In aus.bicycle on Tue, 11 Apr 2006 08:09:26 GMT
    TimC <[email protected]> wrote:

    > (TimC, who probably himself has let his "enthusiasm" visible once or
    > twice too often)

    as long as it wasn't while wearing wet white lycra....

    Zebee
    - who has seen a bike courier who clearly enjoyed his job.