dvcam reccomendations?

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Small Black Dog, Feb 17, 2004.

  1. allright you slackin mtbers, i hath returned. Not that a i phsically
    went very far but life has been busy as hell the past few months:

    University exams, worrying about failing exams, job in bike shop turning to a living nightmare with
    assholes customers/theft and much more, went to sweden snowboarding for a couple weeks with my
    brother, one of my dogs got hit by a car, getting a second job doing some 3d modelling/animation
    work, my mate broke up with his girlfriend and got back together...

    and i bought a new hardtail rig (azonic DS1 again, jnr t forks again, hope enduro4 discs, xt
    hubs, mavic d321 rims, hope headset, funn henchman stem, nokian gazzalodi jnrs) ... to complement
    my big hit.

    Anyway, what this post was originally about was, does anyone have any reccomendations for a dvcam
    (for use with a PC, not mac)? Im goin back to france this summer and im lookin for a cam i can use
    to make a biking vid. Has to have long battery life, big storage facilities, firewire, company with
    good customer care (incase it gets broken 8-> ) and here's the odd question: is there such a thing
    as a telescopic lens attachment to use for a helmet cam? Im just thinking it would be cool to keep
    the camcorder in my rucsac and have a sort of endoscope thing comin out and attaching to my helmet
    ... incase I crash.

    So there it is, replies on a postcard to Small Bl...

    Small Black Dog

    hope you're all good btw

    Tags:

  2. any dv cam should work fine with a pc.. I have a cannon zr55mc 22x optical zoom works good. However
    I here there are some new 3 megapixel video cameras out now. I would opt for those with much better
    video quality. Pinacle studio is a real easy program to use for video editing.

    Joe

    "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > allright you slackin mtbers, i hath returned. Not that a i phsically went very far but life has
    > been busy as hell the past few months:
    >
    > University exams, worrying about failing exams, job in bike shop turning to a living nightmare
    > with assholes customers/theft and much more, went to sweden snowboarding for a couple weeks with
    > my brother, one of my dogs got hit by a car, getting a second job doing some 3d
    > modelling/animation work, my mate broke up with his girlfriend and got back together...
    >
    > and i bought a new hardtail rig (azonic DS1 again, jnr t forks again, hope enduro4 discs, xt
    > hubs, mavic d321 rims, hope headset, funn henchman stem, nokian gazzalodi jnrs) ... to complement
    > my big hit.
    >
    > Anyway, what this post was originally about was, does anyone have any reccomendations for a dvcam
    > (for use with a PC, not mac)? Im goin back to france this summer and im lookin for a cam i can use
    > to make a biking vid. Has to have long battery life, big storage facilities, firewire, company
    > with good customer care (incase it gets broken 8-> ) and here's the odd question: is there such a
    > thing as a telescopic lens attachment to use for a helmet cam? Im just thinking it would be cool
    > to keep the camcorder in my rucsac and have a sort of endoscope thing comin out and attaching to
    > my helmet ... incase I crash.
    >
    > So there it is, replies on a postcard to Small Bl...
    >
    > Small Black Dog
    >
    > hope you're all good btw

  3. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > allright you slackin mtbers, i hath returned. Not that a i phsically went very far but life has
    > been busy as hell the past few months:

    DUUUUUDE!

    <Snip>

    > and i bought a new hardtail rig (azonic DS1 again, jnr t forks again, hope enduro4 discs, xt
    > hubs, mavic d321 rims, hope headset, funn henchman stem, nokian gazzalodi jnrs) ... to complement
    > my big hit.

    Well, nice tyres! ',;~}~

    Tokie?

    Shaun aRe

    --

    O O 0 o , 'Ere - ~===U

  4. > DUUUUUDE!

    like, woah, dude.

    > <Snip>
    >
    >>and i bought a new hardtail rig (azonic DS1 again, jnr t forks again, hope enduro4 discs, xt
    >>hubs, mavic d321 rims, hope headset, funn henchman stem, nokian gazzalodi jnrs) ... to complement
    >>my big hit.
    >

    > Well, nice tyres! ',;~}~

    > Tokie?

    oui

    > Shaun aRe

    passes left

  5. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    "Small Black Dog" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > > DUUUUUDE!
    >
    > like, woah, dude.

    RAAAAAAAD!

    > > <Snip>
    > >
    > >>and i bought a new hardtail rig (azonic DS1 again, jnr t forks again, hope enduro4 discs, xt
    > >>hubs, mavic d321 rims, hope headset, funn henchman stem, nokian gazzalodi jnrs) ... to
    > >>complement my big hit.
    > >

    > > Well, nice tyres! ',;~}~
    >

    > that hardtail rig owns all.

    I think you are getting your bike confused with my BASE BeasT!

    > > Tokie?
    >
    > oui

    Cool.

    > passes left