DX fram snapped

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by manon1wheel, Apr 14, 2006.

  1. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

    my beloved torker DX frame snapped, this really sucks since i got this
    unicycle about 4 or 5 months ago and i saved for about 6 months to get
    this(my old uni snaped too)

    gosh... any one else had this problem with there DX unicycle? will
    torker send me a new one? theyd better...

    ill have pics up tomarrow
    Riley

    --
    manon1wheel

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GizmoDuck
    I yanked on my foot and straigtened it and stuck the bone back into the
    skin.
    Gild:
    This is going to be in someone's signature before too very long.
    manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

  2. Jerrick

    Jerrick Guest

    that sucks, howd it brake? muni? jumping?

    Mine still is going great, ive done a lot of 3-5 foot drops, and i
    really dont think i will brake the frame where it brakes on everyone
    elses, cause i dont put a lot of stress on it =p

    --
    Jerrick

    Currently learning to Wheel Walk, coast, ride backwards one-footed,
    180-unispin, and seat drag\pushes =p

    Wish me luck!

  3. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    There's no way torker will send you a new one, there is no warranty on
    their products, unless yo can prove it was due to defective
    construction or materials i.e. it was faulty when you bought it.

    --
    kington99

    Dave

  4. tholub

    tholub Guest

  5. caw89

    caw89 Guest

    Well thats the thing, it is defectinve, every one of there frames are
    defective...I love torkers, but if oyu notice, all my torkers have yuni
    frames... They welded the seat post at an off angle so that if oyu land
    wrong it easily bends and breaks, sometimes not even from landing
    wrong. I got one rewelded by my friend Chris, and its better than new,
    but I later just baught a yuni frame, stronger and much lighter...

    Ohh btw, Ive gone through like 2-3 torker frames...and the 2 yuni
    frames on my 20 and 24 are still holding strong!

    --
    caw89

    'Cody's Gallery' (http://gallery.unicyclist.com/Codys-Gallery)
    'Pedal protector' (http://pedalprotector.com/)
    AIM: unicaw89

    -last edited by god on 3000-01-01 at 12:00 am-
    caw89's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8228

  6. kington99

    kington99 Guest

    By defective i meant an incorrect weld or the wrong grade of material
    used, the angle of the post is part of the deisgn, it's just not a very
    strong design, but hey you knew that when you bought the thing.

    --
    kington99

    Dave

  7. dorfman

    dorfman Guest

  8. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Has anyone complained to Torker that their frames are breaking? If no
    one tells them they have a poor frame design they will not know they
    need to change it. They might send you a replacement frame,
    manon1wheel, you have nothing lose by asking, but the time it takes to
    write them an email.

    jim

    --
    Jim
    Jim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9416

  9. pdc

    pdc Guest

  10. wobblyjohn

    wobblyjohn Guest

    From the pictures I've seen, it's where the seat tube meets the fork
    crown, right?
    The top of the crown is flat sheet metal, and since it isn't gusseted,
    it flexes. Eventually it fatigues. The metal should break on the crown
    side of the weld, through the metal of the crown, is that the case? Bad
    welds break down the middle, or seperate from the welded metal, while
    decent welds generally break alongside the weld, tearing through the
    welded metal.
    It's an engineering snafu. It just needs a gusset of some sort. Or
    better yet, if they used a larger radius die when bending the crown,
    making it round over the top, rather than flat with two tight radius
    corners. This would make the crown much more resistant to localized
    flexing and fatigue with a minor additional manufacturing process cost.

    --
    wobblyjohn
    wobblyjohn's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11060

  11. Tmornstar

    Tmornstar Guest

  12. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

  13. unitoon

    unitoon Guest

  14. Eroick

    Eroick Guest

  15. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

    ok guys, sorry i got grounded from the coputer for 3 days:rolleyes:

    well i would like to get a lighter frame than my last frame if they
    dont send me a new one. does the yuni frame fit my bearing size? i
    heard the torker bearing sizes were unique.
    any way, thanks alot. and its gonna take a very long time to finish my
    video if i dont get my uni fixed soon:mad:

    --
    manon1wheel

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by GizmoDuck
    I yanked on my foot and straigtened it and stuck the bone back into the
    skin.
    Gild:
    This is going to be in someone's signature before too very long.
    manon1wheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9972

  16. pdc

    pdc Guest

    UDC has bearing shims to make them fit a 42mm frame.

    manon1wheel wrote:
    > ok guys, sorry i got grounded from the coputer for 3 days:rolleyes:
    >
    > well i would like to get a lighter frame than my last frame if they
    > dont send me a new one. does the yuni frame fit my bearing size? i
    > heard the torker bearing sizes were unique.
    > any way, thanks alot. and its gonna take a very long time to finish my
    > video if i dont get my uni fixed soon:mad:

    --
    pdc

    "What doesn't kill you strengthens you, what kills you strengthens your
    mother"
    pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

  17. didn't they fix that in the 06 model or did that just kind of make it
    better?

    --
    carsonpalooza

    I just wear bike shorts...* the tight kind*
    That site is making me drool.
    -Dave aka fcwegnm0b
    carsonpalooza's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10085

  18. boo radley

    boo radley Guest

    the torker 20mm/40mm ID/OD combination is unique, but the 40mm OD is not
    unique. you should be able to find another frame that will hold your
    wheel easily. or use shims like pdc said if you want a frame with 42mm
    holders.

    --
    boo radley

    "no really, are you sure you love me more than your unicycle?" -my gf

    "America is my country and I love her. I wouldn't enter her in any way
    that's unnatural." - hank hill
    boo radley's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10484

  19. x1psh1x

    x1psh1x Guest

  20. manon1wheel

    manon1wheel Guest

    ok here is the deal.

    yesterday i called Torker USA and they told us to send the whole uni to
    them to inspct for abuse... i have a bad feeling about this:( what do
    they mean by abuse? well... the right peddle is broken and one of the
    seat bolt things fell off. is that a sign of abuse? wello anyway... it
    should be a long time until i release my first video:mad:
    Riley