Dylan

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Rik Van Diesel, Jan 23, 2003.

  1. Retired. Not enough $ to continue the M3 life style. He never was good at being a broke ass
    bike racer.

    RVD

    Tags:

  2. Bill Lloyd

    Bill Lloyd Guest

    He sold the M3 and got an Audi which he leases and writes off against his sizeable bike
    racer income.

    I saw him today at the dealer.

    -B

    "Rik Van Diesel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Retired. Not enough $ to continue the M3 life style. He never was good at being a broke ass
    > bike racer.
    >
    > RVD

  3. Bill Lloyd

    Bill Lloyd Guest

    It wouldn't be that hard to justify, actually. When he's local he can use it as "transportation to
    races." Doesn't seem that farfetched... Visalia or the central california valley is certainly his
    "office." ;-)

    -B

    "Stewart Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Bill Lloyd wrote:
    >
    > > He sold the M3 and got an Audi which he leases and writes off against
    his
    > > sizeable bike racer income.
    >
    > A bike racer writes off a car against tax as a "tool of trade"? WTF?

  4. [email protected] (Rik Van Diesel) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Retired. Not enough $ to continue the M3 life style. He never was good at being a broke ass
    > bike racer.
    >
    > RVD

    M3's are strictly for prolific race winners, like Hincapie.

    -RJ

  5. Bill Lloyd wrote:
    > It wouldn't be that hard to justify, actually. When he's local he can use it as "transportation to
    > races." Doesn't seem that farfetched... Visalia or the central california valley is certainly his
    > "office." ;-)
    >
    > -B

    I believe in these cases one needs to demonstrate some minimum fraction of the use is for business,
    sort of like a home office.

    Dan

  6. Bill Lloyd

    Bill Lloyd Guest

    Right.

    It's certainly easy for him to say that say 3000 miles were travelling to local races, out of 5000
    miles he drove the car. He can write off that fraction.

    It's fairly easy to make up numbers which get by just fine, unless you're audited.

    -B