dymotec S12 Arrived today

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bill B

Dymotec S12 arrived today a lot quicker than I thought considering it was shipped from Jolly ole
England. have not put on the bike yst but thought I would pass on the first impressions. Unit puts
out 12volts 6 watts. Bulbs are halogen 12 volt 5 watt. rear light[12v 5 watt with led] is BIG and
like the lumotec oval plus has a condenser . Up front is the lumotec oval plus 12vaolt light.Looks
just like the 6 volt 3 watt that came with my SON hub. One thing that I noticed rather quick was how
smooth the dymotec spins.Unlike the cheaper union bottles of the 60's that stopped spinning real
quick the dymotec S12 continues on rotating .Unit has two wire feed unlike the old one wire with
frame ground system. As usual since I like to take pics for my webshots ARBR fans can count on some
new pics of the S12 mounted on my V2 accompanied by a full evaluation.

Who did you buy it from?

SW in the UK

"Bill B" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dymotec S12 arrived today a lot quicker than I thought considering it was shipped from Jolly ole
> England. have not put on the bike yst but thought I would pass on the first impressions. Unit puts
> out 12volts 6 watts. Bulbs are halogen 12 volt 5 watt. rear light[12v 5 watt with led] is BIG and
> like the lumotec oval plus has a condenser . Up front is the lumotec oval plus 12vaolt light.Looks
> just like the 6 volt 3 watt that came with my SON hub. One thing that I noticed rather quick was
> how smooth the dymotec spins.Unlike the cheaper union bottles of the 60's that stopped spinning
> real quick the dymotec S12 continues on rotating .Unit has two wire feed unlike the old one wire
> with frame ground system. As usual since I like to take pics for my webshots ARBR fans can count
> on some new pics of the S12 mounted on my V2 accompanied by a full evaluation.

in article [email protected], Bill B at [email protected] wrote
on 2/3/03 1:58 PM:

> Dymotec S12 arrived today a lot quicker than I thought considering it was shipped from Jolly ole
> England. have not put on the bike yst but thought I would pass on the first impressions. Unit puts
> out 12volts 6 watts. Bulbs are halogen 12 volt 5 watt. rear light[12v 5 watt with led] is BIG and
> like the lumotec oval plus has a condenser . Up front is the lumotec oval plus 12vaolt light.Looks
> just like the 6 volt 3 watt that came with my SON hub. One thing that I noticed rather quick was
> how smooth the dymotec spins.Unlike the cheaper union bottles of the 60's that stopped spinning
> real quick the dymotec S12 continues on rotating .Unit has two wire feed unlike the old one wire
> with frame ground system. As usual since I like to take pics for my webshots ARBR fans can count
> on some new pics of the S12 mounted on my V2 accompanied by a full evaluation.

Despite the following small details- I am very happy with those products.

When I installed mine- I coloured coded the instruction booklet ground and live wires symbols
(lightning and circle with horizontal lines) with the same colours as the wires. This allows for "at
a glance" re-wiring when needed.

The front headlight swings downwards very easily. Mount using spacers, washers, etc to fill
curved mount.

Also the generator may have come with a wire head for wet conditions. If rain/snow is at all
dominant use the wire head. Otherwise you get intermittent spinning.

Also that style of rear light has the wire connectors projecting downwards and that makes them
vulnerable. People are always touching my trike- running hands across it. Three times those
projecting connectors got broken off. I rewired/crimped "O" style connectors- replacing the U
(spade) and attached them to the live terminal screws about one centimetre above the lower
attachments.

Enjoy your new lighting set.

"Steve Watkin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Who did you buy it from?
>
> SW in the UK
Saint john st cycles has the Dymotec. it took awhile to find a dealer.The source that put me in
touch with St John St Cycles informed me that since the Dymo is just out on the market demand has
been great and that ST John ST still had a small amount in inventory. Did not mention this but the
dymo comes with the wire roller for use in wet and ice/snow conditions. i fyou order one be sure to
get a couple of extra bulbs and the dymo mount . Also I will have to make up a wire that will reach
the rear light which is no big deal. one more thang---the dymotec12 has a built in regulator that
will prevent blowing bulbs on those downhill runs. http://www.sjscycles.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.