DynoHubs: What light bulbs/LED emitters?

SMS <[email protected]> wrote:
> Perhaps, but how big is the market for headlamps costing 120 Euros?

Having set out to provide high value solutions Schmidt probably has
an idea about that. Coming with a 5y warranty you look at 2EUR per
month, a cappuccino is about 2.50EUR here, YMMV.

Expensive? Yes. Value for the money? Yes. Same market as
Schmidt's hub dynamo, the Rohloff, Brooks, frames made to measure...

Compare it to a brand pair of jeans, good shoes, not to talk about a
full tank of gas (65l are about 90EUR here).

--
MfG/Best regards
helmut springer panta rhei

SMS said:
daveornee wrote:

> Schmidt needs to do something to catch the Busch & Müller Lumotec IQ
> Fly.
> B & M have been using a Cree XR-E 7090 for a while now and have a
> nicely packaged product for use with DynoHubs.

Perhaps, but how big is the market for headlamps costing 120 Euros?
~55 Euros for the B & M Lumotec IQ Fly.... at least if my conversion is correct and price current.... still a lot of money for a light.... but it is a very high quality product with Schmidt coming confirming this market is still vialble.

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
> Per SMS:
>> Alas, not sure it's still available.

> I bought a half-dozen for gifts last week at a Lowe's in the
> Philadelphia area. Hopefully it wasn't the last of them.

My local Lowe's now has a bunch of them in stock, after not having any
for months. I think they get snapped up very quickly as soon as they
arrive at the store.