E-caps

i came across some site at Le grizz and read about enduro-caps and race-caps and was wondering if
they are the same as e-caps that i have seen posted here ,,,, thanks=)) plodzilla

gentolm wrote:
> i came across some site at Le grizz and read about enduro-caps and race-caps and was wondering if
> they are the same as e-caps that i have seen posted here ,,,, thanks=)) plodzilla

Plodz, I think e-caps is the company (combined with Hammer nutrition now) that supplies enduro-caps
and race-caps. e-caps is more supplements and Hammer nutrition is more fuels according to their
page title.

http://www.e-caps.com/products/index.cfm

Enduro caps http://www.e-caps.com/products/product_detail.cfm?sku=EC

Race caps http://www.e-caps.com/products/product_detail.cfm?sku=RC

You may be thinking of the electrolyte replacement products that are mentioned more than the
above products:

Succeed Buffer / Electrolyte caps http://www.ultrunr.com/!caps.html

Endurolytes http://www.e-caps.com/products/product_detail.cfm?sku=EL

Many people get the names confused, for obvious reasons.

Dot

dot do you use any of the products if not what do you use Le Grizz sounds fun as does the Rim to Rim
in the grand canyon=)) plodzilla

gentolm wrote:

> dot do you use any of the products if not what do you use

No. High tech Wheat Thins ;)

Seriously, my runs aren't long enough to worry about electrolytes yet, esp. considering that most of
my runs are at 60F and below. That said, I was doing some hill hiking (3000ft up in about 2 miles)
for strength training where I was trying to keep an effort level similar to running for the about
2-hr to top (depending upon whether I went straight up or took pictures) and was sweating profusely
at +70F and made a mental note that I need to consider salt. (had wheat thins with me that I
devoured and wished I had more so no problems) The ultra that I want to do in a few years had 80+F
temperatures this year, but cold and rainy last year, so I need to be prepared for all conditions.
Neither my miles nor experience level is there yet.

When the time comes, I'll probably try the Succeed Electrolyte caps since their originator, an
ultrarunner and physiologist, I believe, seems to have his act together as to what should be in
things. I like their other products that I've tried (Ultra and Clip2), but I'm not sure how easy it
is to wash the capsules down with a camelbak or water bottle since I usually use a wide-mouthed
glass or water bottle for capsules, vitamins, etc.

Dot

Dot wrote:
> most of my runs are at 60F and below.

PS: so as not to be misconstrued since I was thinking in terms of heat at the time. I think
hydration and electrolytes are important at all temps, but there's probably a zone in the, say,
35-50F range where less fluid and electrolytes are needed. I've got a hunch they are needed more
at low temperatures (subzero F) also since hydration is important there, but haven't found good
information. Most winter physiological information that I've seen is military, but I can't
believe no work has been done on the Iditarod mushers since so much is done with the dogs - or
at least I haven't found it.

Dot