E3 picks

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Kenny, Mar 24, 2005.

  1. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    1 Klier
    2 Devolder
    3 Boonen

    Kenny

    Tags:

  2. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    Isn't it time that Devolder blow Boonen's doors off just to sign on?

  3. 1) Boonen
    2) Hammond
    3) van Petegem

  4. 1. Boonen
    2. A bike length.
    3. Another bike length.

  5. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

  6. "Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> schreef

    All top favorites for the Ronde were there battling it out as if it was the
    real thing, and not a single remark here?
    Has Magilla won ?

  7. On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 21:49:08 GMT, Bart Van Hoorebeeck wrote:
    > All top favorites for the Ronde were there battling it out as if it
    > was the real thing, and not a single remark here?

    I had a short mail exchange with a certain someone, pondered posting
    here but thought it would be futile; nobody has seen the race (yet!
    apparently someone's posting to a.b.m.s as we speak) and the big report
    on CN is already up. See, it's Jeff and his henchmen who are killing rbr
    :eek: :heather:

    I wrote:

    "Yes I saw it, great! *Very* strong by Boonen and Klier to hold the
    group off for so long. Though it did look a little like only Dekker and
    PVP were able to gain a few seconds every pull, but were held up by the
    rest of the group (and passively by Wesemann of course). But maybe it
    was my imagination while I was rooting for Dekker."

    and later:

    "-- Dekker was great, but he spent a bit much early on.
    He did, didn't he? Too bad about the railway crossing."

    --
    Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

  8. "Ewoud Dronkert" schreef

    > apparently someone's posting to a.b.m.s as we speak

    Is he? And the crowd there doesn't object that posting training rides
    material clutters the thing too much?

  9. Bart Van Hoorebeeck wrote:

    > "Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> schreef
    >

    > All top favorites for the Ronde were there battling it out as if it was the
    > real thing, and not a single remark here?
    > Has Magilla won ?

    I'm gonna start charging appearance fees if I keep getting called to the
    line.

    This E3 nonsense doesn't matter. Boonen will never win Paris-Roubaix
    and he will likely become another David Millar.

    Thanks,

    Magilla

  10. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Bart Van Hoorebeeck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]

    > "Jeff Jones" <[email protected]> schreef
    >
    > All top favorites for the Ronde were there battling it out as if it was
    > the
    > real thing, and not a single remark here?
    > Has Magilla won ?

    AA stands for more than Magilla's real team.

  11. Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 21:49:08 GMT, Bart Van Hoorebeeck wrote:
    > > All top favorites for the Ronde were there battling it out as if it
    > > was the real thing, and not a single remark here?

    > I had a short mail exchange with a certain someone, pondered posting
    > here but thought it would be futile; nobody has seen the race (yet!
    > apparently someone's posting to a.b.m.s as we speak) and the big

    report
    > on CN is already up. See, it's Jeff and his henchmen who are killing

    rbr
    > :eek: :heather:

    I watched it on cyclingtv.com, I thought van Petegem looked very
    strong. How come the officials don't have their shit together enough
    to hold up the chasing group(s) at the railroad crossing, aren't those
    occurences somewhat regular?

    Went for a 4 hour ride, came back and caught the finale of the last
    stage of the Bartoli-Coppi race on the internet as well. There is a
    site that has RAI sport. Magilla needs to get in touch with Aggiano and
    tell him how meaningless that race is, he was crying like a baby at the
    finish. Maybe he forgot to take his Prozac this morning.

  12. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "Bart Van Hoorebeeck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:eek:[email protected]

    > All top favorites for the Ronde were there battling it out as if it was

    the
    > real thing, and not a single remark here?
    > Has Magilla won ?

    It was probably the best race I've seen this year, and I've seen plenty of
    monuments that have been far more tame than that. How many times do you see
    two favourites attacking with nearly 60 km to go, being chased by a fairly
    strong peloton and eventually five riders (well, four) who got within 11
    seconds but couldn't close it? Boonen showed he could do more than sprint,
    Dekker showed plenty of panache, PVP wasn't bluffing, Klier managed to talk
    himself into believing that Boonen would be slow after his efforts, Devolder
    punctured while halfway across to the break, etc.

    Jeff

  13. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

  14. Jeff Jones wrote:

    > "Bart Van Hoorebeeck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:eek:[email protected]
    >
    >>All top favorites for the Ronde were there battling it out as if it was

    > the
    >
    >>real thing, and not a single remark here?
    >>Has Magilla won ?
    >>

    > It was probably the best race I've seen this year, and I've seen plenty of
    > monuments that have been far more tame than that. How many times do you see
    > two favourites attacking with nearly 60 km to go, being chased by a fairly
    > strong peloton and eventually five riders (well, four) who got within 11
    > seconds but couldn't close it? Boonen showed he could do more than sprint,
    > Dekker showed plenty of panache, PVP wasn't bluffing, Klier managed to talk
    > himself into believing that Boonen would be slow after his efforts, Devolder
    > punctured while halfway across to the break, etc.
    >
    > Jeff

    All these guys will get dropped on the first col of every stage in the
    Tour. They won't be bluffing then either.

    Thanks,

    Magilla

  15. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]

    > All these guys will get dropped on the first col of every stage in the
    > Tour. They won't be bluffing then either.

    Most of them won't even ride the Tour.

  16. Jeff Jones wrote:

    > "MagillaGorilla" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]
    >
    >>All these guys will get dropped on the first col of every stage in the
    >>Tour. They won't be bluffing then either.
    >>

    > Most of them won't even ride the Tour.

    Too bad...every Grand Tour needs its own Quaranta.

    Magilla

  17. On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 23:00:09 +0100, Ewoud Dronkert
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 21:49:08 GMT, Bart Van Hoorebeeck wrote:
    >> All top favorites for the Ronde were there battling it out as if it
    >> was the real thing, and not a single remark here?

    >I had a short mail exchange with a certain someone, pondered posting
    >here but thought it would be futile; nobody has seen the race (yet!
    >apparently someone's posting to a.b.m.s as we speak) and the big report
    >on CN is already up. See, it's Jeff and his henchmen who are killing rbr
    >:eek: :heather:

    Any idea if someone is going to post the Brabantse Pijl on a.b.m.s.?
    I looked for Saturday's E3 files there but for some reason my ISP's
    nntp server has no files listed from the last 24 hours or so.

    J. Spaceman

  18. Jesse T

    Jesse T Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

    (yet!
    > apparently someone's posting to a.b.m.s as we speak)

    Just watched it tonight off that posting.

    Finally understood what was wrong with the announcer with the wierd
    voice I can't undertand: he's broadcasting from the back of a moto live
    on the cobbles. I thought he was just excitable.

    I wasn't much of a fan of Boonen until today. That was an amazing ride.
    Watching a pack of 5 of that quality unable to bring him and Klier back
    was wild. Even when it got down to 10 seconds, they never gave up.
    Tough.

    High points:

    watching Weisseman begging the directors to let him do something cause
    he was dying of boredom, and then still missing Petegam's move and
    missing the podium.

    Dekker anytime. I really hope he pulls off a win soon just for being
    the smartest guy in the bunch. Or something.

    Watching Boonen almost throw himself off the bike celebrating after
    blowing Klier out of the water.

  19. On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:41:41 -0500, Jason Spaceman wrote:
    > Any idea if someone is going to post the Brabantse Pijl on a.b.m.s.?

    Maybe not, a lot of people were visiting their family over easter.

    --
    Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

  20. Jet

    Jet Guest

    On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:14:59 +0200, Ewoud Dronkert
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 21:41:41 -0500, Jason Spaceman wrote:
    >> Any idea if someone is going to post the Brabantse Pijl on a.b.m.s.?

    >Maybe not, a lot of people were visiting their family over easter.

    Oh well. At least cycling.tv promises 50 minutes of edited highlights of
    this race in the near future...

    jj