E3

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Robert Chung, Mar 25, 2006.

  1. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    That guy is way too good.

    Tags:

  2. John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
    > I wish I could have seen that.

    I hear it's being uploaded to alt.binaries.multimedia.sports

    --
    E. Dronkert

  3. On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 08:34:33 -0800, "Robert Chung"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >That guy is way too good.

    I wish I could have seen that.

    JT

    ****************************
    Remove "remove" to reply
    Visit http://www.jt10000.com
    ****************************

  4. John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
    > On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 08:34:33 -0800, "Robert Chung"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >That guy is way too good.
    > >

    > I wish I could have seen that.

    i caught the end on cycling.tv, except i tuned in too late and missed
    the selection.

  5. B. Lafferty

    B. Lafferty Guest

  6. Robert Chung wrote:
    > That guy is way too good.

    From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/mar06/mar26news2
    Boonen was then very confident that he would win. "Ballan was also
    very strong but suddenly, after a cobbled section, he had problems
    with his saddle. He spoke to me about it. I said that he shouldn't
    bother about it and keep riding hard, because I would beat him in the
    sprint anyway."

    And so he did. If someone said that to me I wouldn't have taken
    another pull until 200m to go.

    --
    E. Dronkert

  7. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > " I said that he shouldn't
    > bother about it and keep riding hard, because I would beat him in the
    > sprint anyway."
    >
    > And so he did. If someone said that to me I wouldn't have taken
    > another pull until 200m to go.

    Particularly if it had been Boogerd who said that to you.

  8. annelies

    annelies Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > [email protected] wrote:
    >
    >>i caught the end on cycling.tv, except i tuned in too late and missed
    >>the selection.

    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/cycling/20060325_e3prijs_paterberg.wmv
    > WMV9 320x240 8.2MB 2:11min.

    nice to see dutch people watch sporza :D
    I wonder what you actually understand of Hans De Clercq....his efforts
    to speak proper Flemish/Dutch make it sometimes really funny...
    But ok, his knowledge and satirical one-liners compensate all of that!

    Today we are off for another relaxing sunday afternoon full of cycling!

    Liesje

  9. Howard Kveck

    Howard Kveck Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

    > [email protected] wrote:
    > > i caught the end on cycling.tv, except i tuned in too late and missed
    > > the selection.

    > http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/cycling/20060325_e3prijs_paterberg.wmv
    > WMV9 320x240 8.2MB 2:11min.

    Nice, ED, thanks. Ballan's attack was pretty good. He came from a ways back,
    but when he rolled by Boonen, Boonen's response was incredible.

    --
    tanx,
    Howard

    Grandma Smith said a curious thing
    Boys must whistle, girls must sing

    remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

  10. Robert Chung wrote:
    > Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    >> " I said that he shouldn't bother about it and keep riding
    >> hard, because I would beat him in the sprint anyway."
    >>
    >> And so he did. If someone said that to me I wouldn't have taken
    >> another pull until 200m to go.

    > Particularly if it had been Boogerd who said that to you.

    If it had been Boogerd, I would have said it to him.

    --
    E. Dronkert

  11. annelies wrote:
    > nice to see dutch people watch sporza :D

    Hey, all the time. Dutch tv is doing much less cycling than before, or
    so it seems to me. Besides, their commentary is on the other side of
    the spectrum. Wuyts may be a windbag with too many words sometimes
    (and slight homo-erotic tendencies) but at least it's knowledgable to
    the point that I don't have to shout at the screen "Noooo, you're
    missing it again, there he goes!!!" In fact I like Danny Nelissen on
    Eurosport best, but Sporza just has a lot more cycling (and less
    commercials..).

    > I wonder what you actually understand of Hans De Clercq...

    Everything! No problems here. And I like his commentary too. I think
    they've found an excellent co-commentator. Much better than Museeuw
    for example, for whom De Clerq was the replacement. The only accent I
    have trouble understanding is, well, not so much an accent as one man,
    Jeff Braeckevelt.

    --
    E. Dronkert

  12. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

    > Everything! No problems here. And I like his commentary too. I think
    > they've found an excellent co-commentator. Much better than Museeuw
    > for example, for whom De Clerq was the replacement. The only accent I
    > have trouble understanding is, well, not so much an accent as one man,
    > Jeff Braeckevelt.

    Ah, good to see I'm not the only one.

    Hans is fine though.

    Jeff

  13. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > Robert Chung wrote:
    > > That guy is way too good.

    > From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/mar06/mar26news2
    > Boonen was then very confident that he would win. "Ballan was also
    > very strong but suddenly, after a cobbled section, he had problems
    > with his saddle. He spoke to me about it. I said that he shouldn't
    > bother about it and keep riding hard, because I would beat him in the
    > sprint anyway."
    >
    > And so he did. If someone said that to me I wouldn't have taken
    > another pull until 200m to go.

    Yeah, but if Ballan had slowed down at all to get his saddle fixed,
    then he might not have seen Boonen again. Depends on how much towing
    the commissaires would have allowed. Boonen didn't really need Ballan
    with him to get to the finish in front (unlike last year, when it was a
    lot closer).

    I'm sure Ballan will get another chance, and he'll remember to get the
    bolt on his seat clamp done up next time.

    Jeff

  14. benjo maso

    benjo maso Guest

  15. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    annelies wrote:
    > Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > > [email protected] wrote:
    > >
    > >>i caught the end on cycling.tv, except i tuned in too late and missed
    > >>the selection.

    > > http://www.xs4all.nl/~ewoud/cycling/20060325_e3prijs_paterberg.wmv
    > > WMV9 320x240 8.2MB 2:11min.
    > >

    > nice to see dutch people watch sporza :D
    > I wonder what you actually understand of Hans De Clercq....his efforts
    > to speak proper Flemish/Dutch make it sometimes really funny...

    But he's still beaten by Dirk De Wolf by a bicycle length. Those were
    the times...

    Kenny

  16. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > Robert Chung wrote:
    > > That guy is way too good.

    > From http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/mar06/mar26news2
    > Boonen was then very confident that he would win. "Ballan was also
    > very strong but suddenly, after a cobbled section, he had problems
    > with his saddle. He spoke to me about it. I said that he shouldn't
    > bother about it and keep riding hard, because I would beat him in the
    > sprint anyway."
    >
    > And so he did. If someone said that to me I wouldn't have taken
    > another pull until 200m to go.

    It shouldn't have made a difference. Man, that was hardly a sprint.
    And i thought Ballan had quite a sprint af serveral top-10's in the
    Tirreno-Adriatico.

    Kenny

  17. jc

    jc Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
    > John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:
    >
    >>I wish I could have seen that.

    > I hear it's being uploaded to alt.binaries.multimedia.sports

    If you happen to see that Ed Raket character, tell him his contributions
    are more appreciated! :)