Eagle Peak - Ramona, CA ~Video~

Michael Paul wrote:
> Bill Porter, aka MountainbikeBill was kind enough to host this due to recent Imagestation issues.
>
> access it here: http://www.mountainbikebill.com/videos/MFP/MFP-eaglepeak.mpeg
>
> or at my site here: http://www.geocities.com/mfpaul/eagle_peak.html

Nothing beats seeing a trail in SoCal I haven't ridden...except for a trail here that I've never
even heard of.

Thanks, Greg

"G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> Nothing beats seeing a trail in SoCal I haven't ridden...except for a
trail
> here that I've never even heard of.
>
> Thanks, Greg
>
> --
> "Destroy your safe and happy lives before it is too late, the battles we fought were long and
> hard, just not to be consumed by rock n' roll..." - The Mekons

truth be told, you didn't miss much. it was a long 30 mile ride that consisted almost entirely of
old jeep trails that were more or less wide single track, very wide, maintained dirt road or
paved road.

after the initial, quite steep and fun 1 1/2 mile descent we had to grind our way up about 8 or so
miles. after finally reaching the top, we were rewarded by a very stellar (detect sarcasm) paved
descent of about 4 miles. That gave way to maintained dirt road before finally a little high speed,
sort of bumpy stuff.

Here's the elevation chart.

http://home.san.rr.com/mfpaul/eaglepeak.jpg

disregard the 8900 feet of climbing, not sure where that number came from. But there was about 5000
feet of it. The worst part was that the opening descent that was so fun and steep was our finishing
ascent which was just plain awful. Hike-a-bike most of the way.

But, good company, good weather, and good views at least made the ride fun. I don't think I'll rush
to go back but it was fun to do once.

Michael