Eagle's Wing ~VIDEO~

P E T E F A G E

Guest
Damn, all I did was drop a 8" kerb, officer! Honest! :)

If I don't get a replacement I won't be able to ride for quite a while. Funds are severely limited
atm (I'm still paying off the bike ffs.) and since the bike is also my only mode of transportation
I'm really hoping that Manitou replace it for me. If not it's going to be some second-hand SR
Suntours (yay) and me saving up for something more serious. (Black Comp or Skareb Comp I guess,
depending on how the warranty return goes)

On the up side I get to ride a sweet full XT/XTR Merida XC Mission Speed LRS full susser that
belongs to a guy at my LBS :D This Marzocchi MX Pro
w/ ETA really is the goods. mmm. I'm going to have trouble giving this bike back in a week :)

--
My helmet saved my braincells.

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Somewhere in Colorado.
>

> http://www.paradigmhosting.net/video/ewing.mpg

Nice. Looked a little crowded that day! Nice stall at 5:55! Was that guy once a roadie?

Funny, I was just listening to that track the other day and thought it would make a good MTB
soundtrack. I was right.

The end seems a little abrupt at 7:42. Was that intentional or did mine get chopped or something?

Matt

On Tue, 13 May 2003 11:16:59 -0600, "MattB" <[email protected]> wrote:

>"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Somewhere in Colorado.
>>

>> http://www.paradigmhosting.net/video/ewing.mpg
>
>Nice. Looked a little crowded that day! Nice stall at 5:55! Was that guy once a roadie?
>
>Funny, I was just listening to that track the other day and thought it would make a good MTB
>soundtrack. I was right.
>
>The end seems a little abrupt at 7:42. Was that intentional or did mine get chopped or something?

Abrupt. It was late.

On Tue, 13 May 2003 20:54:28 GMT, "MX-Pilot" <[email protected]> wrote:

>intense,, what they going 4, or 5 mph?

ROTFLMAO!

Funny, in so many ways.

P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On Tue, 13 May 2003 20:54:28 GMT, "MX-Pilot" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >intense,, what they going 4, or 5 mph?
>
> ROTFLMAO!
>
> Funny, in so many ways.

I love it when some e-tard dewbie talks smack about somewhere they've never been, nor will ever be.

JD

i love it when people post unexciting videos.

> P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > On Tue, 13 May 2003 20:54:28 GMT, "MX-Pilot" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >intense,, what they going 4, or 5 mph?
> >
> > ROTFLMAO!
> >
> > Funny, in so many ways.
>
> I love it when some e-tard dewbie talks smack about somewhere they've never been, nor will
> ever be.
>
> JD

"MX-Pilot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> i love it when people post unexciting videos.

I've ridden Eagles Wing, it was plenty exciting for me, and I think Mr. Fagerlin's video does it
justice, or as much as a video can do. Videos are never like the real thing, plus the group seems to
ride very well, I believe making it look easier than it really is ... at least for me.
--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove .nospam. if replying)

"Craig Brossman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "MX-Pilot" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > i love it when people post unexciting videos.
> >
> I've ridden Eagles Wing, it was plenty exciting for me, and I think Mr. Fagerlin's video does it
> justice, or as much as a video can do. Videos are never like the real thing, plus the group seems
> to ride very well, I believe making it look easier than it really is ... at least for me.

No worries Craig. It's more difficult now than it was when you rode
it. This mxpileof has no clue and it's the same tired dewbie chest puffing **** mountain biking
suffers from on the 'net. A faceless Superman.

JD

"P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> |Nice vid Pete,
> |
> |Every time I see your videos I realize how far I still have to go. That's only 900 miles away. A
> long drive, but worth it.

Drive? This is a mountain biking newsgroup. If you can't ride there you're not a real mountain
biker {;->}

Now how the %$#%$# I'm going to ride there from Australia is a bit of a predicament I'll have
to overcome.

Damn that's an amazing ride on your video. Never been particularly attracted to the US as a holiday
(no offense) but these videos are rapidly changing my mind. How I'd love some rides like that in
Australia - we have the terrain, we just don't have a big enough community of Mtn Bikers, and thus
the big enough voice to get areas opened up for bikes, or trails prepared. And once an area is a
National Park, then there's bugger all that you can do in it except on firetrails. Firetrails are
about 15 feet (nice of me to convert to feet for you wasn't it?) wide and are like riding on a
slightly rough dirt road. How I'd love a few trails like the videos show - 2 tyres wide, rock
strewn, and WAY more technical than any lousy firetrail. Now to convince the Missus that the US is a
great spot to go for a holiday - like I've got ANY chance of doing THAT!

Oh well, I'll live vicariously through the vid's and look seriously into a broadband connection - It
would be so much more fun to view them the same night, not the next day after the overnight d/l

Got any really tricky rides on vid?

I'd especially like to see the trickier stuff filmed with an excellent rider close in front of you
so we can see how they attack each section.

Thanks again for the vid's

Trentus

Trentus thoughtfully penned:
> "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>> Nice vid Pete,
>>>
>>> Every time I see your videos I realize how far I still have to go.
>> That's only 900 miles away. A long drive, but worth it.
>
> Drive? This is a mountain biking newsgroup. If you can't ride there you're not a real mountain
> biker {;->}
>
> Got any really tricky rides on vid?

the one called Northshore blew my mind...just the balance skills involved, the Moore fun one is
another good one.

Penny

> Trentus thoughtfully penned:
> > "P e t e F a g e r l i n" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> >> That's only 900 miles away. A long drive, but worth it.
> >
> > Drive? This is a mountain biking newsgroup. If you can't ride there you're not a real mountain
> > biker {;->}
> >
> > Got any really tricky rides on vid?
>
> the one called Northshore blew my mind...just the balance skills involved, the Moore fun one is
> another good one.
>

> Penny

I kind of liked the look of Joe's ridge and kestal run (sp?), but i doubt my little car would
survive a road trip that far (timing chain is getting real bad. starting to falter some).
--
~Travis

P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> On 16 May 2003 15:02:10 -0700, [email protected] (The Ogre) wrote:
>
> |P e t e F a g e r l i n <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> |> Somewhere in Colorado.
> |>

> |> http://www.paradigmhosting.net/video/ewing.mpg
> |
> |Nice vid Pete,
> |
> |Every time I see your videos I realize how far I still have to go.
>
> That's only 900 miles away. A long drive, but worth it.

So I only have to ride 900 more miles before I can ride those rock gardens. At the rate I'm going
that means I should plan my trip in about 4-5 months. Looks like it's definitely worth the ride.

-- The Ogre