Ear Guages

ABNPFDR

Sep 24, 2014
PLEASE tell me that I am not the only person on the planet that think that Ear Guages are incredibly retarded.

Tattoos above the neckline come a close second, but guages just irritate the living **** out of me.

Reactions: haleylx4
Wow, I am so glad someone else agrees with me. I think this is the dumbest thing anyone could do to him/herself. I mean seriously. These ear gauges give such a negative connotation. I think ear gauges might give a worse impression on an interviewer than say visible tattoos.

I really don't understand all these gauging trends that seem to be doing the rounds. What's it for? What do you gain from having a huge hole in your ear lobe?

Has anyone seem people with gauges on their faces? Mainly on the cheek and just under the bottom lip? I saw them and I internally screamed a "WHY?!"

I agree to, what happens when you decide you no longer like the idea of having ear gauges? What happens to the look of the ear?

I think the same thing about tattooing to, sure they now have laser removal if you decide you don't like a tattoo, but that leaves a scar. If a person has a small tattoo that can hide under a shirt, fine, but those people that get tattoos all over their head, neck, down the arms and hands etc is just crazy.

I also think the same thing about cutting, those scars never go away.

And most employers, who are usually middle to older age people, don't want a ear gauged, body tattooed, scarred up, piercing all over person to work for them, especially higher paying employers. Discrimination you scream, sure, but the bottom line is you represent the company and if that representation is negative then that can ruin the reputation of a company. Some companies don't care, like bars, motorcycle shops, welding companies, factories etc usually don't have a problem, but being a national sales person, doctor, lawyer, a teacher, etc...forget about it.

I understand the right of a person to express their right to do with their body any way they see fit, I get that, but don't become bitter at the "establishment" when you didn't get hired for a lucrative job and feel like you were discriminated against, all companies have a certain idea of what is acceptable in the appearance of their employees be it clothing or body art, and they have to right to have that expectation, it's their company not yours!

Reactions: jpr95