Early morning challenge

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Smudger, May 2, 2003.

  1. Smudger

    Smudger Guest

    Here you go.

    You've got a Brompton (L6 if you like).

    You've got £75 in your pocket.

    An asteroid will hit the Earth in ninety-three minutes and you're going to
    die.

    It's a Thurdsay this coming July. Warm but raining. 6:37PM.

    You're in Tottenham Court Road.

    What do you do?

    Tags:

  2. Simon Mason

    Simon Mason Guest

    "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Here you go.
    >
    > You've got a Brompton (L6 if you like).
    >
    > You've got £75 in your pocket.
    >
    > An asteroid will hit the Earth in ninety-three minutes and you're going to
    > die.
    >
    > It's a Thurdsay this coming July. Warm but raining. 6:37PM.
    >
    > You're in Tottenham Court Road.
    >
    > What do you do?

    Cycle to Stringfellows and then get smashed. Simon

  3. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys at the keyboard of "Smudger"
    <[email protected]> wrote:
    > An asteroid will hit the Earth in ninety-three minutes and you're going to
    > die.
    >
    > What do you do?

    Hitch a lift with a passing vogon constructor fleet.

    --
    Axis of Evil: Whose economy needs ever more wars? Arms Exports $bn: USA 14.2, UK 5.1, vs France 1.5,
    Germany 0.8 (The Economist, July 2002)

  4. On Sat, 3 May 2003 00:39:26 +0100, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Here you go.
    >
    >You've got a Brompton (L6 if you like).
    >
    >You've got £75 in your pocket.
    >
    >An asteroid will hit the Earth in ninety-three minutes and you're going to
    >die.
    >
    >It's a Thurdsay this coming July. Warm but raining. 6:37PM.
    >
    >You're in Tottenham Court Road.
    >
    >What do you do?

    Ride to the British Museum, nick the Sutton Hoo hoard and cycle to Buck Palace clad in the
    grave-goods of Raedwald to reclaim England and challenge Phil the Greek to single combat.

    Then buy a cycling helmet, secure in the knowledge that it'll protect me from all head injuries. The
    asteroid will bounce of my lid and I can usher in a new era of peace and prosperity as saviour of
    the earth.

    Oh, wait a minute. You said it was raining. In which case I'll head to the nearest pub and get
    bladdered.
    --
    DG

    Bah!

  5. Msa

    Msa Guest

    Disgruntled Goat <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 3 May 2003 00:39:26 +0100, "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Here you go.
    > >
    > >You've got a Brompton (L6 if you like).
    > >
    > >You've got £75 in your pocket.
    > >
    > >An asteroid will hit the Earth in ninety-three minutes and you're going
    > >die.
    > >
    > >It's a Thurdsay this coming July. Warm but raining. 6:37PM.
    > >
    > >You're in Tottenham Court Road.
    > >
    > >What do you do?

    Ask Simon if I can go with him and then ponce a drink!

    --
    Mark

  6. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > An asteroid will hit the Earth in ninety-three minutes and you're going to
    > die.
    >
    > It's a Thurdsay this coming July. Warm but raining. 6:37PM.

    <Assumes Hollywood Irish accent> 6:37PM? But how do you know if asteroid toime?

    --
    Dave...

  7. "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Here you go.
    >
    > You've got a Brompton (L6 if you like).
    >
    > You've got £75 in your pocket.

    Give the bike to an old man and use the £75 to buy a better one? ;) Dave.

  8. > <Assumes Hollywood Irish accent> 6:37PM? But how do you know if asteroid
    toime?

    But Kahn you do an Oirish accent, Dave?

  9. Dave

    Dave Guest

    "Smudger" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Here you go.
    >
    > You've got a Brompton (L6 if you like).
    >
    > You've got £75 in your pocket.
    >
    > An asteroid will hit the Earth in ninety-three minutes and you're going to
    > die.
    >
    > It's a Thurdsay this coming July. Warm but raining. 6:37PM.
    >
    > You're in Tottenham Court Road.
    >
    > What do you do?

    Smudger, Either :-
    a). You've had a hell of a premonition there, young man OR -
    b). You're in competition for the -strangest- query ever put out on an ng, including tenuous link to
    ng subject.

    Dave. ;-)

    p.s. in answer to your query, spend 93 minutes wondering how the hell I ended up in Tottenham Court
    Road, on a Brompton with £75 in my pocket at
    6:37pm on a warm yet wet rainy Thursday this coming July.....

  10. James Hodson

    James Hodson Guest

  11. Dave Kahn

    Dave Kahn Guest

    "Gearóid Ó Laoi, Garry Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > <Assumes Hollywood Irish accent> 6:37PM? But how do you know if asteroid
    > toime?
    >
    > But Kahn you do an Oirish accent, Dave?

    Ó Laoi when oi feel like it, Gearóid (to be sure, to be sure).

    --
    Dave...

  12. J-P.S

    J-P.S Guest

    On Sat, 3 May 2003 00:39:26 +0100, Smudger scrawled: ) You've got a Brompton (L6 if you like).
    You've got £75 in your pocket. ) An asteroid will hit the Earth in ninety-three minutes and you're
    going ) to die. It's a Thurdsay this coming July. Warm but raining. 6:37PM. ) You're in Tottenham
    Court Road.
    > Exits are N,S,E,W,D
    ) ) What do you do?

    > You are on Charing Cross Road.
    BUY BOOK
    > OK.
    BUY BOOK
    > OK.
    BUY BOOK
    > OK.
    BUY BOOK
    > OK.
    BUY BOOK
    > OK.
    BUY BOOK
    > You are already carrying the maximum number of books.
    > You are on Dean Street
    > You are on Berwick Street
    BUY CD
    > OK.
    BUY CD

    J-P
    --
    Choose your companions carefully, you may have to eat them....

  13. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    In news:[email protected], Smudger <[email protected]> typed:
    > Here you go.
    >
    > You've got a Brompton (L6 if you like).
    >
    > You've got £75 in your pocket.
    >
    > An asteroid will hit the Earth in ninety-three minutes and you're going to die.
    >
    > It's a Thurdsay this coming July. Warm but raining. 6:37PM.
    >
    > You're in Tottenham Court Road.
    >
    > What do you do?

    Put my helmet on ;-)

    Tony