earning respect

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Callistus Valerius, Mar 22, 2005.

  1. Been riding lately, from head to toe in Assos, and you would be
    surprised how you get invited into a paceline or to join a group ride.
    Although you may be poser, you become a respected poser wearing Assos.
    Mayber ability isn't everything, maybe appearance has something to do with
    it. In the Assos jersey selection, I chose the Edelweiss jersey, take a
    look
    http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.I
    D=480&CATEGORY.ID=4&MODE=

    Forget the intervals, and invest in some Assos.

    Tags:

  2. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On 3/22/05 7:21 PM, in article
    [email protected], "Callistus Valerius"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Been riding lately, from head to toe in Assos, and you would be
    > surprised how you get invited into a paceline or to join a group ride.
    > Although you may be poser, you become a respected poser wearing Assos.
    > Mayber ability isn't everything, maybe appearance has something to do with
    > it. In the Assos jersey selection, I chose the Edelweiss jersey, take a
    > look
    > http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.I
    > D=480&CATEGORY.ID=4&MODE=
    >
    > Forget the intervals, and invest in some Assos.

    $125 for a short sleeve jersey??? AND it also has flowers on it?!?!?!?!

  3. Tim Lines

    Tim Lines Guest

    Callistus Valerius wrote:
    > Been riding lately, from head to toe in Assos, and you would be
    > surprised how you get invited into a paceline or to join a group ride.
    > Although you may be poser, you become a respected poser wearing Assos.
    > Mayber ability isn't everything, maybe appearance has something to do with
    > it. In the Assos jersey selection, I chose the Edelweiss jersey, take a
    > look
    > http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.I
    > D=480&CATEGORY.ID=4&MODE=
    >
    > Forget the intervals, and invest in some Assos.

    Don't you have to sing like Julie Andrews to wear something like that?

  4. *laughing hysterically*

    Many, many years ago, back when I was in my late teens and living at
    home (and just getting into the joys of cycling), my Mum bought me my
    first ever cycling jersey (already had knicks) - a navy blue
    Brescia-Lat jersey...

    "Thanks Mum!" I said, "Why did you get this?"

    "Well son, I figured that even though you don't ride like a real
    cyclist, then maybe you could at least look like one..."

    Mum always had a good way of letting you know when you were taking
    yourself too seriously...

    On the same topic - ever notice how in races, that the most carbon
    fibre bikes, Dura Ace gruppo, best jerseys, etc, etc, are almost always
    being ridden in the D-grade group?? *laughing* Yes, I am as guilty of
    that as the next guy...

    Cheers all,
    Absent Husband

  5. DA74

    DA74 Guest

    Callistus Valerius wrote:
    > Been riding lately, from head to toe in Assos, and you would be
    > surprised how you get invited into a paceline or to join a group

    ride.

    My sarcastometer is off today - so please tell me you're joking. If
    not, what kind of paceline are you talking about? D3 squad or
    fat-freddy-Saturday-am. If it's the former you're full of spunk cuz we
    wouldn't let you near us and if it's the latter no one cares. Go post
    on bicycling.com.
    -DA74

  6. routebeer

    routebeer Guest

  7. > >
    > > Don't you have to sing like Julie Andrews to wear something like

    > that?
    >
    > What's your point?

    He's referring to the singing Von Trapp family from the Austrian Alps.
    The jersey doesn't refer to my singing prowess, but does tell others of my
    climbing prowess. I sometimes, of course, do sing as I climb anything above
    a 8% grade, unless it bothers the others, then I'll shut up.

  8. routebeer

    routebeer Guest

    Callistus Valerius wrote:

    > > > Don't you have to sing like Julie Andrews to wear something like

    > > that?
    > >
    > > What's your point?

    > He's referring to the singing Von Trapp family from the Austrian

    Alps.
    > The jersey doesn't refer to my singing prowess, but does tell others

    of my
    > climbing prowess. I sometimes, of course, do sing as I climb

    anything above
    > a 8% grade, unless it bothers the others, then I'll shut up.

    Then here are a few songs you can wow your fellow riders with on your
    next club ride:
    http://tinyurl.com/4r6ao
    http://tinyurl.com/5mf3q

  9. Tim Lines wrote:

    > Callistus Valerius wrote:
    >
    >> Been riding lately, from head to toe in Assos, and you would be
    >> surprised how you get invited into a paceline or to join a group ride.
    >> Although you may be poser, you become a respected poser wearing Assos.
    >> Mayber ability isn't everything, maybe appearance has something to do
    >> with
    >> it. In the Assos jersey selection, I chose the Edelweiss jersey, take a
    >> look
    >> http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.I
    >>
    >> D=480&CATEGORY.ID=4&MODE=
    >>
    >> Forget the intervals, and invest in some Assos.
    >>

    > Don't you have to sing like Julie Andrews to wear something like that?

    Captain von Trapp sang "Edelweiss". I don't even think Christopher
    Plummer did his own singing.

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com

  10. Tim Lines

    Tim Lines Guest

    Mark & Steven Bornfeld wrote:
    > Tim Lines wrote:
    >
    >> Callistus Valerius wrote:
    >>
    >>> Been riding lately, from head to toe in Assos, and you would be
    >>> surprised how you get invited into a paceline or to join a group ride.
    >>> Although you may be poser, you become a respected poser wearing Assos.
    >>> Mayber ability isn't everything, maybe appearance has something to do
    >>> with
    >>> it. In the Assos jersey selection, I chose the Edelweiss jersey, take a
    >>> look
    >>> http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.I
    >>>
    >>> D=480&CATEGORY.ID=4&MODE=
    >>>
    >>> Forget the intervals, and invest in some Assos.
    >>>

    >> Don't you have to sing like Julie Andrews to wear something like that?

    > Captain von Trapp sang "Edelweiss". I don't even think Christopher
    > Plummer did his own singing.

    Well geez! And all these years I thought it was Julie Andrews with a
    frog in her throat. RBR IS educational!