earning respect

Callistus Valerius

Guest
Been riding lately, from head to toe in Assos, and you would be
surprised how you get invited into a paceline or to join a group ride.
Although you may be poser, you become a respected poser wearing Assos.
Mayber ability isn't everything, maybe appearance has something to do with
it. In the Assos jersey selection, I chose the Edelweiss jersey, take a
look
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.I
D=480&CATEGORY.ID=4&MODE=

Forget the intervals, and invest in some Assos.

On 3/22/05 7:21 PM, in article
[email protected], "Callistus Valerius"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Been riding lately, from head to toe in Assos, and you would be
> surprised how you get invited into a paceline or to join a group ride.
> Although you may be poser, you become a respected poser wearing Assos.
> Mayber ability isn't everything, maybe appearance has something to do with
> it. In the Assos jersey selection, I chose the Edelweiss jersey, take a
> look
> http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.I
> D=480&CATEGORY.ID=4&MODE=
>
> Forget the intervals, and invest in some Assos.

$125 for a short sleeve jersey??? AND it also has flowers on it?!?!?!?!

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> Been riding lately, from head to toe in Assos, and you would be
> surprised how you get invited into a paceline or to join a group ride.
> Although you may be poser, you become a respected poser wearing Assos.
> Mayber ability isn't everything, maybe appearance has something to do with
> it. In the Assos jersey selection, I chose the Edelweiss jersey, take a
> look
> http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.I
> D=480&CATEGORY.ID=4&MODE=
>
> Forget the intervals, and invest in some Assos.

Don't you have to sing like Julie Andrews to wear something like that?

*laughing hysterically*

Many, many years ago, back when I was in my late teens and living at
home (and just getting into the joys of cycling), my Mum bought me my
first ever cycling jersey (already had knicks) - a navy blue
Brescia-Lat jersey...

"Thanks Mum!" I said, "Why did you get this?"

"Well son, I figured that even though you don't ride like a real
cyclist, then maybe you could at least look like one..."

Mum always had a good way of letting you know when you were taking
yourself too seriously...

On the same topic - ever notice how in races, that the most carbon
fibre bikes, Dura Ace gruppo, best jerseys, etc, etc, are almost always
being ridden in the D-grade group?? *laughing* Yes, I am as guilty of
that as the next guy...

Cheers all,
Absent Husband

Callistus Valerius wrote:
> Been riding lately, from head to toe in Assos, and you would be
> surprised how you get invited into a paceline or to join a group

ride.

My sarcastometer is off today - so please tell me you're joking. If
not, what kind of paceline are you talking about? D3 squad or
fat-freddy-Saturday-am. If it's the former you're full of ***** cuz we
wouldn't let you near us and if it's the latter no one cares. Go post
on bicycling.com.
-DA74

> > Don't you have to sing like Julie Andrews to wear something like

> that?
>
> What's your point?

He's referring to the singing Von Trapp family from the Austrian Alps.
The jersey doesn't refer to my singing prowess, but does tell others of my
climbing prowess. I sometimes, of course, do sing as I climb anything above
a 8% grade, unless it bothers the others, then I'll shut up.

Callistus Valerius wrote:

> > > Don't you have to sing like Julie Andrews to wear something like

> > that?
> >
> > What's your point?

> He's referring to the singing Von Trapp family from the Austrian

Alps.
> The jersey doesn't refer to my singing prowess, but does tell others

of my
> climbing prowess. I sometimes, of course, do sing as I climb

anything above
> a 8% grade, unless it bothers the others, then I'll shut up.

Then here are a few songs you can wow your fellow riders with on your
next club ride:
http://tinyurl.com/4r6ao
http://tinyurl.com/5mf3q

Tim Lines wrote:

> Callistus Valerius wrote:
>
>> Been riding lately, from head to toe in Assos, and you would be
>> surprised how you get invited into a paceline or to join a group ride.
>> Although you may be poser, you become a respected poser wearing Assos.
>> Mayber ability isn't everything, maybe appearance has something to do
>> with
>> it. In the Assos jersey selection, I chose the Edelweiss jersey, take a
>> look
>> http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.I
>>
>> D=480&CATEGORY.ID=4&MODE=
>>
>> Forget the intervals, and invest in some Assos.
>>

> Don't you have to sing like Julie Andrews to wear something like that?

Captain von Trapp sang "Edelweiss". I don't even think Christopher
Plummer did his own singing.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Mark & Steven Bornfeld wrote:
> Tim Lines wrote:
>
>> Callistus Valerius wrote:
>>
>>> Been riding lately, from head to toe in Assos, and you would be
>>> surprised how you get invited into a paceline or to join a group ride.
>>> Although you may be poser, you become a respected poser wearing Assos.
>>> Mayber ability isn't everything, maybe appearance has something to do
>>> with
>>> it. In the Assos jersey selection, I chose the Edelweiss jersey, take a
>>> look
>>> http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=BUY_PRODUCT_STANDARD&PRODUCT.I
>>>
>>> D=480&CATEGORY.ID=4&MODE=
>>>
>>> Forget the intervals, and invest in some Assos.
>>>

>> Don't you have to sing like Julie Andrews to wear something like that?

> Captain von Trapp sang "Edelweiss". I don't even think Christopher
> Plummer did his own singing.

Well geez! And all these years I thought it was Julie Andrews with a
frog in her throat. RBR IS educational!