Earth Cycles Dragonflyer Pictures

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... <snip>

> The seat pad [1] is an industrial hemp cover with a Sunfoam [TM] interior. It is not legal to
> cultivate industrial hemp in the US
>
> Apparently the person who manufactured the seat mesh does not wish to repair or replace the mesh,
> so a substitute would need to be found. I suspect that a sling mesh from Greenspeed, Rotator or
> another manufacturer would work on the Earth Cycles seat frame.
>

I'm thinking if your Earth Cycles seat should come apart the best solution would be to smoke it and
find a legal sling mesh replacement.

skip

Tom, mark at poweroncycling will do a custom cover for that, pretty reasonably.

Tom Sherman wrote:
> Ben Fox wrote:
>
>>Nice trike Tom,where do you hang the 10 gals of water that you always carry? I like the looks of
>>the seat ,do you have a source for new seat material when needed? The back looks like the new RANS
>>seat back.
>
>
> Ben,
>
> In addition to the Dragonflyer specific pannier racks, a seat post trunk rack can be mounted (I
> have a Delta Rack) on the tube that sticks up behind the seat. There is also a built-in trailer
> hitch mounting point at the end of the left chainstay.
>
> The seat pad [1] is an industrial hemp cover with a Sunfoam [TM] interior. It is not legal to
> cultivate industrial hemp in the US, but the processed fibers may be imported, so getting a custom
> sewn replacement would be possible.
>
> Apparently the person who manufactured the seat mesh does not wish to repair or replace the mesh,
> so a substitute would need to be found. I suspect that a sling mesh from Greenspeed, Rotator or
>
> [1] Some Earth Cycles owners just sit on the sling mesh directly.
>
> Tom Sherman - 41 N, 90 W

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

>

>
>
> [1] Some Earth Cycles owners just sit on the sling mesh directly.
>
> Tom Sherman - 41 N, 90 W

The seat mesh is available (sew it yourself) from http://www.owfinc.com/Fabrics/mesh&netting.asp

* 54" MESHBLKF Heavy Mesh (LIKE Leno Lock): Use in same applications as Leno. 100% Nylon 7.6oz/sq yd
Black (U$)11.48 *

A very satisfied OWF customer. rorschandt
--
May all beings be happy. May they be joyous and live in safety. All living beings, whether weak or
strong, in high or middle or low realms of existence, small or great, visible or invisible, near or
far, born or to be born, Let no one deceive another, nor despise any being in any state; Let none by
anger or hatred wish harm to another. Even as a mother at the risk of her life watches over and
protects her only child, so with a boundless mind should one cherish all living things,