Earth Cycles exit

Wile E.Coyote

Guest
T.S.Didn't Shean drop off the planet without a trace (with) suppliers left unpaid and having the
deposit $ from some customers? I wouldn't know if he still had any of the cash in his pocket or
the $ had already been spent trying to keep the company alive as long as he could. I'd think
though that unless the Sheriff shows up one day and padlocks your door, that you would know when
the end is near and make arrangements to get out of Dodge with whatever cash you still had.

My point was not to run the guy down, it was to wish he'd comeback and build some more bents. I was
a forensic accountant and we had our own expressions that may get people twisted, like "fleeing into
the night" or "dropping off the planet". All it means is that someone left with money not refunded,
bills unpaid and his whereabouts unknown.

"Wile E.Coyote" wrote:

> T.S.Didn't Shean drop off the planet without a trace (with) suppliers left unpaid and having the
> deposit $ from some customers? I wouldn't know if he still had any of the cash in his pocket
> or the $ had already been spent trying to keep the company alive as long as he could. I'd
> think though that unless the Sheriff shows up one day and padlocks your door, that you would
> know when the end is near and make arrangements to get out of Dodge with whatever cash you
> still had.
>
> My point was not to run the guy down, it was to wish he'd comeback and build some more bents. I
> was a forensic accountant and we had our own expressions that may get people twisted, like
> "fleeing into the night" or "dropping off the planet". All it means is that someone left with
> money not refunded, bills unpaid and his whereabouts unknown.

Joshua,

Although I did not know Shean nearly as well as some in the HPV community [1], my personal judgement
would lead me to expect that Shean tried to keep Earth Cycles going too long, and did not intend to
defraud anyone. As to the way Earth Cycles slowly expired, with inquires from dealers/customers not
being answered, I have my own opinions on that, but I will keep them to myself as they involve
issues that most people would not comprehend.

As a tragic aside, one of Earth Cycles local suppliers ended up with the welding jigs, which were
probably sold for scrap. :(

If I had next week's lottery numbers, I would find Shean, settle all of Earth Cycles' outstanding
debts, and put the Dragonflyer and Sunset back into production. [2]

[1] I was intending to order a Sunset after I finished graduate school and got a job, and had
inquired as to the various options and future developments planned for the Sunset.
[2] Proof that the right people do not always inherit large sums of money. [3]
[3] Hi Skip.

T.S.Has anyone actually looked into tracing back to see if the Jigs were sold for scrap, people keep
the weirdest things without seeing their true value.

Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... [...]
> If I had next week's lottery numbers, I would find Shean, settle all of Earth Cycles' outstanding
> debts, and put the Dragonflyer and Sunset back into production. [...]

Barry Sanders, of this list, seems interested in making bikes. You have shown him a picture. Maybe
you need to make a harder sell?

Although having seen the picture, I am not sure I understand what is is about this bike that you
like so much better than any of the others of this ilk.

johnriley1 (at) rogers.com

> Although I did not know Shean nearly as well as some in the HPV community [1], my personal
> judgement would lead me to expect that Shean tried to keep Earth Cycles going too long, and did
> not intend to defraud anyone. As to the way Earth Cycles slowly expired, with inquires from
> dealers/customers not being answered, I have my own opinions on that, but I will keep them to
> myself as they involve issues that most people would not comprehend.

I think I could comprehend the issues you refer to. Can you send me an e-mail to my earthlink.net
address with your opinions on the above if you don't think it is appropriate for this newsgroup?

Zach Kaplan

A while back I tried tracking Shean down. I was unable to find any phone numbers or addresses for
him but I did find his father's phone number and phoned him a few times over a period of months and
each time he said he would relay my message to Shean and have Shean phone me back but this never
happened. A former Earth Cycles employee told me Shean borrowed a lot of money from his father and
may still owe him this money.

Zach Kaplan

news:<CT%[email protected]>...

john riley wrote:

> Tom Sherman <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>... [...]
> > If I had next week's lottery numbers, I would find Shean, settle all of Earth Cycles'
> > outstanding debts, and put the Dragonflyer and Sunset back into production. [...]
>
> Barry Sanders, of this list, seems interested in making bikes. You have shown him a picture. Maybe
> you need to make a harder sell?
>
> Although having seen the picture, I am not sure I understand what is is about this bike that you
> like so much better than any of the others of this ilk.

John,

It is not the looks of the Sunset, but the riding experience.

On a related note, several people have made comments at different times to the effect "that the
Sunset fits me". No one has made such comments when I have ridden other recumbents.

Obviously, some other people do not feel that way, as they have sold their Sunsets, but several of
them have ended up with owners who would not exchange them for any other bike.