East coast Century Rides

• Thread starter Randall Roberts
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Randall Roberts

Would like to hear about Century rides that are recomended For Families

East coast prefered we enjoy well supported rides with frequent available rest stops and good food
after the ride

Thanks

Although it's months away, the Flattest Century of the East meets your criteria. It will be held on
Sept. 7, in Tiverton, Rhode Island. Check out the Narragansett Bay Wheelmen web site at
http://www.nbwclub.org/. Note that they require preregistration and expect the 1,600 slots to be
full by the end of July. Email me if you want any further details.

Pat Clancy [email protected]

Randall Roberts <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Would like to hear about Century rides that are recomended For Families
>
> East coast prefered we enjoy well supported rides with frequent available rest stops and good food
> after the ride
>
> Thanks

The TFCE is a really nice ride! But there are only 3 rest stops: after each 25-mile section. And
there is no food at the end. You have to drive to a restaurant.

C.C.

> From: [email protected] (Pat Clancy) Organization: http://groups.google.com/ Newsgroups:
> rec.bicycles.rides Date: 9 Apr 2003 04:42:02 -0700 Subject: Re: East coast Century Rides
>
> Although it's months away, the Flattest Century of the East meets your criteria. It will be held
> on Sept. 7, in Tiverton, Rhode Island. Check out the Narragansett Bay Wheelmen web site at
> http://www.nbwclub.org/. Note that they require preregistration and expect the 1,600 slots to be
> full by the end of July. Email me if you want any further details.
>
> Pat Clancy [email protected]
>
>
> Randall Roberts <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
>> Would like to hear about Century rides that are recomended For Families
>>
>> East coast prefered we enjoy well supported rides with frequent available rest stops and good
>> food after the ride
>>
>> Thanks

My two clubs both do great rides in the Philadelphia suburbs. Suburban Cyclists Unlimited,
www.suburbancyclists.org, has the Quad County Metric (May 4) and the Lake Nockamixon Century
(September 14). Central Bucks Bike Club, www.cbbikeclub.org, has the wonderful Covered Bridges Ride
October 12 (not to be confused with the Lancaster PA Covered Bridges Ride).

There's also the Princton Bike Event (Princeton Freewheelers, August
2), the Shore Fire Century (August 23, White Clay Bike Club).

There are a number of decent rides in South Jersey but I find the support and food stops generally
lacking: Pinelands Triple Loop (May 10, Shore Cycle Club), Bridgeton Zoo Ride (August 9, South
Jersey Wheelmen), Jersey Devil (September 20, South Jersey Wheelmen), Belleplain Fall Century
(October 4, Shore Cycle Club).

Hope this helps. --Roy Zipris

Randall Roberts <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Would like to hear about Century rides that are recomended For Families
>
> East coast prefered we enjoy well supported rides with frequent available rest stops and good food
> after the ride
>
> Thanks

Try the New York City Century in early September (www.transalt.org). In addition to 5 or 6
"official" rest stops, you will pass literally hundreds of other places to eat and drink. Frequent
and unlimited SAG service is provided by the largest public transport service in the country.
Afterwards, you'll find an unparalleled diversity of dinner choices -- within a mile of the finish,
you can enjoy anything from fabulous (-ly overpriced) French to hotdogs by the curb.

Peter Storey

Another century in Delaware that is particularly suited for families is the Amish County Tour.
15,25,35,50,65 and 100 mile loops are offered on some of the flatest terrain on the East Coast. For
more info:

www.visitdover.com/tours/eventbiketour.html

Chris Law Newark, DE

True I love this ride, but I had to go 20 miles just to get Advil.:) Very scenic but not much for
the kiddies, more adult oriented.

"Carol Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BAB9AA62.49744%[email protected]...
> The TFCE is a really nice ride! But there are only 3 rest stops: after
each
> 25-mile section. And there is no food at the end. You have to drive to a restaurant.
>
> C.C.
>
> > From: [email protected] (Pat Clancy) Organization: http://groups.google.com/ Newsgroups:
> > rec.bicycles.rides Date: 9 Apr 2003 04:42:02 -0700 Subject: Re: East coast Century Rides
> >
> > Although it's months away, the Flattest Century of the East meets your criteria. It will be held
> > on Sept. 7, in Tiverton, Rhode Island. Check out the Narragansett Bay Wheelmen web site at
> > http://www.nbwclub.org/. Note that they require preregistration and expect the 1,600 slots to be
> > full by the end of July. Email me if you want any further details.
> >
> > Pat Clancy [email protected]
> >
> >
> > Randall Roberts <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> >> Would like to hear about Century rides that are recomended For Families
> >>
> >> East coast prefered we enjoy well supported rides with frequent available rest stops and good
> >> food after the ride
> >>
> >> Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.