Easter 'Alt bike & wrong way' BR photo evidence...

Bikesoiler wrote:

> Dial-up users note largish pics.
>
> Things seen on the Easter Monday BR,
>
> 'Were they coming this way?' (http://tinyurl.com/6ymku)
> 'Funny looking tree.' (http://tinyurl.com/55got)
> 'Cafe lizards 1' (http://tinyurl.com/6usgv)
> 'Cafe lizards 2' (http://tinyurl.com/3o32f)
> 'Pace line?' (http://tinyurl.com/5gerh)
> 'Group at Smiths Gully' (http://tinyurl.com/4k8vg)
> 'Flat out?' (http://tinyurl.com/6cknz)
> 'Recovery time' (http://tinyurl.com/45mgw)
> 'Close look' (http://tinyurl.com/5vy9y)
>
> --
> Bikesoiler

The dead giveaway that you boys are down south is the distinct lack of
tan. Come for a ride up Qld way sometime!

They were great shots, thanks :)

> The dead giveaway that you boys are down south is the distinct lack of
> tan. Come for a ride up Qld way sometime!

Ha! I was about to say something along those lines. Actually, it looks like they're giving it a go - there were a couple of sunbaking shots in there.

Bikesoiler wrote:
> Dial-up users note largish pics.
>
> Things seen on the Easter Monday BR,
>
> 'Were they coming this way?' (http://tinyurl.com/6ymku)
> 'Funny looking tree.' (http://tinyurl.com/55got)
> 'Cafe lizards 1' (http://tinyurl.com/6usgv)
> 'Cafe lizards 2' (http://tinyurl.com/3o32f)
> 'Pace line?' (http://tinyurl.com/5gerh)
> 'Group at Smiths Gully' (http://tinyurl.com/4k8vg)
> 'Flat out?' (http://tinyurl.com/6cknz)
> 'Recovery time' (http://tinyurl.com/45mgw)
> 'Close look' (http://tinyurl.com/5vy9y)

Let it be known that I did not have sexual relations with my bike seat..
there was no proof of actual penetration!..

cheers,
GPL
:I think my MTB is gay:

GPLama wrote:

> Bikesoiler wrote:
> > Dial-up users note largish pics.
> >
> > Things seen on the Easter Monday BR,
> >
> > 'Were they coming this way?' (http://tinyurl.com/6ymku)
> > 'Funny looking tree.' (http://tinyurl.com/55got)
> > 'Cafe lizards 1' (http://tinyurl.com/6usgv)
> > 'Cafe lizards 2' (http://tinyurl.com/3o32f)
> > 'Pace line?' (http://tinyurl.com/5gerh)
> > 'Group at Smiths Gully' (http://tinyurl.com/4k8vg)
> > 'Flat out?' (http://tinyurl.com/6cknz)
> > 'Recovery time' (http://tinyurl.com/45mgw)
> > 'Close look' (http://tinyurl.com/5vy9y)
> >

> Let it be known that I did not have sexual relations with my bike seat..
> there was no proof of actual penetration!..
>
> cheers,
> GPL
> :I think my MTB is gay:

It's okay. The knicks provide protection from that sort of thing, right?
That's why they're padded...

:p

GPLama said:
Let it be known that I did not have sexual relations with my bike seat..
there was no proof of actual penetration!..
cheers,
GPL
:I think my MTB is gay:

Thanks for sharing that with us. :eek:

"So c'mon, who is who? "

<snip>

Well c'mon - all of us non-Victorians have to give it a go at picking
who is who!!

TimC is easy - IT haircut (*preparing to run for cover*), and the
purple & orange GVBR horror (described with great respect, of course,
given your previously posted efforts astride the beast...)

GPL has given himself away with his swift bike/self relations defence (
methinks he doth protest too much??)

Now that I've poached the easy ones - over to the others...

Cheers,
Absent Husband (who thinks that the scenery makes it look like an
awesome ride - but who was also hoping for a pic of the babe from the
cafe...!!)

Absent Husband said:
"So c'mon, who is who? "

<snip>

Well c'mon - all of us non-Victorians have to give it a go at picking
who is who!!

TimC is easy - IT haircut (*preparing to run for cover*), and the
purple & orange GVBR horror (described with great respect, of course,
given your previously posted efforts astride the beast...)

GPL has given himself away with his swift bike/self relations defence (
methinks he doth protest too much??)

Now that I've poached the easy ones - over to the others...

Cheers,
Absent Husband (who thinks that the scenery makes it look like an
awesome ride - but who was also hoping for a pic of the babe from the
cafe...!!)

No clues from me, except to say I'm behind the camera ;)

"babe from the cafe" wasn't seen by me on this occasion.

Absent Husband said:
"So c'mon, who is who? "

<snip>

Well c'mon - all of us non-Victorians have to give it a go at picking
who is who!!

TimC is easy - IT haircut (*preparing to run for cover*), and the
purple & orange GVBR horror (described with great respect, of course,
given your previously posted efforts astride the beast...)

GPL has given himself away with his swift bike/self relations defence (
methinks he doth protest too much??)

Now that I've poached the easy ones - over to the others...

Cheers,
Absent Husband (who thinks that the scenery makes it look like an
awesome ride - but who was also hoping for a pic of the babe from the
cafe...!!)

Absent,

when I first put fingers to keyboard I proposed a contest for the non-Melbournians to ID the suspects. However before sending it I had an attack of the lazies and erased my suggestion, instead suggesting that the picture taker or participants do the IDs. :)

Bugger, now I'm gonna have to do some thinking (for the first time today and at the office too):confused:

SteveA

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 12:59:26 +1000, Tamyka Bell <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Bikesoiler wrote:
>>
>> Dial-up users note largish pics.
>>
>> Things seen on the Easter Monday BR,
>>
>> 'Were they coming this way?' (http://tinyurl.com/6ymku)
>> 'Funny looking tree.' (http://tinyurl.com/55got)
>> 'Cafe lizards 1' (http://tinyurl.com/6usgv)
>> 'Cafe lizards 2' (http://tinyurl.com/3o32f)
>> 'Pace line?' (http://tinyurl.com/5gerh)
>> 'Group at Smiths Gully' (http://tinyurl.com/4k8vg)
>> 'Flat out?' (http://tinyurl.com/6cknz)
>> 'Recovery time' (http://tinyurl.com/45mgw)
>> 'Close look' (http://tinyurl.com/5vy9y)
>>
>> --
>> Bikesoiler

>The dead giveaway that you boys are down south is the distinct lack of
>tan. Come for a ride up Qld way sometime!

That's just showing that the poor fools have day jobs and can't
ride outside during daylight - some of us Vics are well on the way to
a visit from Melanoma.

Absent Husband said:
"So c'mon, who is who? "

<snip>

Well c'mon - all of us non-Victorians have to give it a go at picking
who is who!!

TimC is easy - IT haircut (*preparing to run for cover*), and the
purple & orange GVBR horror (described with great respect, of course,
given your previously posted efforts astride the beast...)

GPL has given himself away with his swift bike/self relations defence (
methinks he doth protest too much??)

Now that I've poached the easy ones - over to the others...

Cheers,
Absent Husband (who thinks that the scenery makes it look like an
awesome ride - but who was also hoping for a pic of the babe from the
cafe...!!)

so, the BR suspects include: GPLama, DaveB, Essendon93, JayWoo, TimC, Blah, FlyingDutch, Craigster, & PiledHigher. (pick 7 out of the list)

FlyingDutch has Fatboys on the slicked up MTB so I reckon red helmet, silver jersey is Dutch. Supported by evidence of coffee habit in the cafe shots.

Essondon93 is reputed to be a climbing whippet and is on a roadie (one of the two I believe are shown in the pics), so I'm guessing that he is in the Red Lotto Adecco jersey. Also, as he is a climbing whippet, he will have no padding on him and must wear a jacket to keep warm when stopped.

The other roadie rider - I believe that Craigster does not have a MTB and he has been known to BR, so next guess is that in the Liberty jersey is ....Craigster.

I've probably done me money, but there you go

SteveA

GPLama said:
Let it be known that I did not have sexual relations with my bike seat..
there was no proof of actual penetration!...

wondered why you were smiling so much for the rest of the ride :D

GPLama said:
:I think my MTB is gay:

"not that there is anything wrong with that :rolleyes: "

SteveA said:
so, the BR suspects include: GPLama, DaveB, Essendon93, JayWoo, TimC, Blah, FlyingDutch, Craigster, & PiledHigher. (pick 7 out of the list)

Well... someof those names were present, some werent and somefaces are ring-ins-newbies who shall fall into the 'unknown soldier' brigade :D

SteveA said:
FlyingDutch has Fatboys on the slicked up MTB so I reckon red helmet, silver jersey is Dutch. Supported by evidence of coffee habit in the cafe shots.

Doooooh!!! Sprung bad! And there was i thinking everyone would recognise me cos Im the only bugger nice enuff to help Tim out with his flat!!!

"SteveA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Bikesoiler Wrote:
> > Dial-up users note largish pics.
> >
> > Things seen on the Easter Monday BR,
> >
> > 'Were they coming this way?' (http://tinyurl.com/6ymku)
> > 'Funny looking tree.' (http://tinyurl.com/55got)
> > 'Cafe lizards 1' (http://tinyurl.com/6usgv)
> > 'Cafe lizards 2' (http://tinyurl.com/3o32f)
> > 'Pace line?' (http://tinyurl.com/5gerh)
> > 'Group at Smiths Gully' (http://tinyurl.com/4k8vg)
> > 'Flat out?' (http://tinyurl.com/6cknz)
> > 'Recovery time' (http://tinyurl.com/45mgw)
> > 'Close look' (http://tinyurl.com/5vy9y)

> So c'mon, who is who?
>
> Where was the flat? My sister in law lives in Old Warrandyte Rd and
> that pic looks familiar.

Know that one well. 'tis the top of Pigeon Bank near Kangaroo Ground.

Cheers
Peter

flyingdutch wrote:

> wondered why you were smiling so much for the rest of the ride :D

and just after that photo I was 'working my ass off' in an attempt to
catch Ess and you who made the jump....

> GPLama Wrote:
>
>>:I think my MTB is gay:

> "not that there is anything wrong with that :rolleyes: "

Not unless it comes with its own TV show where it visits other bikes and
'tjushes them up'..

You watch it buck me off on the way home tonight for talking behind its
back like this..

GPL
:My MTB calls me 'Mr Slave':

SteveA said:
The other roadie rider - I believe that Craigster does not have a MTB and he has been known to BR, so next guess is that in the Liberty jersey is ....Craigster.

Frayed Knot. Top marks for logic, but if you'd been paying attention, you'd know I don't ride a Cannondale. Plus this little duck is still a BR virgin...

Try again. :)

craigster_jd said:
Frayed Knot. Top marks for logic, but if you'd been paying attention, you'd know I don't ride a Cannondale. Plus this little duck is still a BR virgin...

Try again. :)
Bee-An-Key?:)

flyingdutch said:
Well... someof those names were present, some werent and somefaces are ring-ins-newbies who shall fall into the 'unknown soldier' brigade :D

Doooooh!!! Sprung bad! And there was i thinking everyone would recognise me cos Im the only bugger nice enuff to help Tim out with his flat!!!

Yeah, but I don't want to be too complimentary in this forum :D

SteveA